jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Lessons from Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Friends: A a comedy series that follows the professional and personal lives of six 20 to 30-something-year-old friends living in Manhattan. Over the course of watching this show, we have watched them deal with family trouble, fall in and out of love, laugh, and cry. We have let them into our homes and learned so much as a result. Some lessons we’ve taken away from Friends:

1.  Don’t take life too seriously.  

Chandler and Joey are unfailing in their comedic relief throughout the entire series. Humor makes life brighter and easier. Find a friends like Chandler and Joey who are willing to laugh at any situation.

1. Find your Ross.

Ross constantly loves Rachel regardless of the situation. Find someone who brings out the best in you and encourages you to be the best version of yourself. Who cares if their nerdy, have a musical background, or are still obsessed with dinosaurs at the age of 30? Follow your heart.

1. Everyone deserves a friend like Phoebe.

Find a friend that can be your everything – your partner in crime, your rock, your light and has a silly side to them too.

1. Just hanging out is more memorable than it seems.

You don’t have to go out to the bars or drink every time you’re with your friends. Don’t be afraid to sit around and hang out. Frankly, you should appreciate the times when you’re all squished on a twin sized bed talking because times like that are found far and few between as you get older.

Caitlin Barry Senior Campus Correspondent for Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus