Join The Her Campus Miami Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Ever wonder what happens behind the scenes of Her Campus Miami? Perhaps you love to write, event plan or hang out on Instagram or Twitter all day long, but until now those have only been hobbies. Well put those extracurricular activities to use by joining the Her Campus Miami (OH) team! We’re looking for undergraduate and graduate students interested in writing, event planning, publicity and marketing, and social media.

Many of you have seen members from HC Miami around campus for the past several weeks at Mega Fair, our Teen Vogue event and even our info night.

As a student publication in only its second year on campus, Mega Fair was an excellent way to kick off the new school year and begin recruiting new members! We passed out flyers promoting our info night and Buffalo Wild Wings fundraiser, talked up our Teen Vogue event happening the very next day and explained what positions were available to new students. By the end of the four hour Mega Fair Sunday, Sept. 8, we had over 90 names and e-mails for students interested in becoming part of the team!

Less than 24 hours later, our team stationed ourselves at The Seal in the center of campus for our Teen Vogue event! On August 11, 2012, Teen Vogue launched the first-ever Back-to-School Saturday shopping holiday. This year, the event was held August 9 & 10, and to celebrate even more, Teen Vogue partnered up with Her Campus. A number of university chapters of Her Campus, including the Miami University chapter, received a huge trunk full of free goodies like clothing, makeup and facial products to give away to girls on campus.

Our HC team planned on the event running from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9, but the event was so popular we were only out at The Seal for an hour and a half! It was a tremendous success, and our team was so excited to be part of such an amazing event that resonated with so many of our followers at Miami.

Mega Fair and the Teen Vogue event led us right to our Her Campus Miami Info Night that same week. When we kicked off the info session around 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12, we had about 40-50 eager students interested to learn what Her Campus is all about! We ran through a quick power point introducing the potential members to the founders of Her Campus, the history of our chapter and the different positions available to get involved, then provided time at the end to ask questions and fill out an application.

With that whirlwind of events behind us, we want YOU to be part of our team! Applications are due by the end of this week so if you haven’t applied already, e-mail melissamaykut@hercampus.com for an application.

We are working towards partnerships with different organizations on campus, and have even more events and exciting content in store for this year so be sure to apply to the HC Miami team, the Miami University chapter of the #1 online magazine for college women in the country!

Melissa is a senior journalism and psychology major this year at Miami University. She is the president of the Her Campus chapter at Miami University of Ohio, and is a member of several other student organizations.