jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Wear Shorts In The Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Chilly temps shouldn’t stop you from showing off your killer legs. While crop tops and flip flops are undoubtedly out of season, there are some equally stylish ways to rock last seasons shorts during the fall months.

1. Black tightsTights are key to staying toasty while wearing shorts. Try a dark pair of tights under denim shorts, a black top and an edgy leather jacket for your Saturday Beat The Block outfit. 2. BootiesShorts can look effortlessly cool in the fall with some short booties on your feet. You can throw on a chic autumn coat to look extra glam or dress it down with a long sleeved top and leather shorts. 3. Tall socksDon’t be afraid of these! You may feel as though tall socks can be too aggressively trendy, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the illusion of added leg length they can provide for you.

4. BlazerToss on a classic blazer to transform your casual tee/shorts combo into a glam “out on the town” look. You can dress this look up or down depending on your shoe choice, but regardless you’ll be sure to turn some approving heads.

5. SweaterLook cute and cozy for class simply by sporting a sweater over some light-wash denim shorts. This ensemble would also look great with a pair of fresh white sneakers.

Lexi Sunberg

Miami (OH)

HC Writer
Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.