How to indulge on our guilty pleasure without the guilt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

What is it about chocolate chip cookies that make them so dang irresistible? Perhaps, it’s the smell that traps us. Walking into a home that has fresh baked cookies right out of the oven will cause anybody to make a B-line straight for the kitchen. Or maybe it’s the feel. The warm, squishy, crumble as you pick it up and bring it to your mouth. Or could it be the most obvious; the taste. The sweet, sugary, warm, ooey gooey, chocolate melting into your mouth… Is anybody else drooling? 

Lets just go with all of the above. It’s hard for anyone to turn down the opportunity to indulge in this guilty pleasure and it’ll be even harder for someone to resist when they can get the pleasure of eating one without the guilt. Thanks to instagram influencer, @windleelizabeth_, I’m going to show you a recipe for paleo chocolate chip cookies that taste just as good as your classic TollHouse if not better! 

(Picture from @windleelizabeth_ ‘s instagram)

Recipe/instruction:

1 Cup of Almond Flour

¼ Cup of Coconut Flour

½ Tsp of Baking Soda

½ Cup of Coconut Sugar

Splash of Vanilla

One whole Egg (beaten)

2 Tbsp of Melted Coconut Oil

3 Tbsp of 100% Pure Maple Syrup

Lots of Paleo Chocolate chips

Sprinkle of Course Sea Salt on top

Combine all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown!

I hope you enjoy this delicious treat as much as my friends and I did!! If you’re interested in some more Paleo desserts, be sure to follow Windle on instagram and support her in all that she does and promotes!! Bon Appétit!

Emily is a recent grad from the University of Massachusetts Amherst from the Isenberg School of Management with a degree in marketing and a minor in economics. She moved to the Boston area upon graduating and is currently working at Nordstrom, yet is excited to be interning at Her Campus as a business/marketing intern.  Emily is also a sister of Kappa Kappa Gamma and loves fashion, music, food, and friends.  Having just graduated in May, this is a huge transitional year for her as she is entering "real" life outside of college, paying bills and figuring out her career track.  Emily is looking forward to getting heavily involved with Her Campus and is excited for a new experience with a great group of girls!
Mallory Hackett

Miami (OH) '20