This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.
Fall’s hottest trend is back and better than ever! Incorporating a bit of emerald into your wardrobe is a great way to add a pop of color with the season’s usual neutral color scheme. Emerald can be dressed up for a night on the town or worn casually for a classroom outfit. Adding this bright hue into your everyday look will make everyone green with envy!

For class, there are many ways to add emerald into ordinary outfits to help you make a statement. The bright green color looks great with neutral clothing like black and khaki colored tones. For the cooler weather, a nice emerald scarf paired with a leather jacket, leggings, and tan booties would be a perfect way to look casual and cute during a day of classes. An emerald anorak jacket or blouse would be a more daring, but also a fun option for the day when worn with with black leggings and boots, or skinny jeans and flats. 

For a night on the town, be a little more daring when trying out the emerald trend! An all green shift dress with black heels, or black leather leggings and a black peplum top with emerald high heels would be fierce choices! If you don’t want to go all out with the trend, emerald accessories are a great way to still be on trend without being too over the top. An emerald statement necklace or earrings would be a good alternative for a night out. 

If you’re having a hard time figuring out what to pair your emerald with, numerous fashion blogs, Pinterest, and online magazines are a good place to search for inspiration. When everyone is walking around campus in all black or the classic sweater and boots combo, wearing this bright pop of emerald will help you stand out! 

Step outside of the boundaries with fashion this fall, and invest in some trendy emerald pieces!

Miami University student Alpha Phi Virginia native