How to Host an Oscar Viewing Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

If you’re anything like the HC Miami Team, J-term and February have been spent in the movie theatre, watching all the films nominated for this years academy awards. Now, it’s time to gather your friends for the hottest ticket of the season: a front row seat to the Oscars in the comfort of your own home (or dorm room).

Set the Scene

Glam up your living room or dorm room that will leave your guests starstruck. Set out fresh flowers, light small candles, hang up Christmas lights, or string together paper-glitter stars to display.

Cocktails

Offer your guests some light champagne or prosecco as a refreshment! A quick dip in citrus juice and edible glitter will give your drink a paparazzi-approved look.

Snacks

The star of all movie snacks? Popcorn, of course! Serve this iconic theatre treat in a paper popcorn container. Use plain white or colored – either way, these festive boxes will dazzle up your bite!

And the Oscar Goes To…

Before the show begins, make your own award predictions on a DIY ballot. You can find plenty on Pinterest or create your own!

Party Games

Entertain guests with a fun Oscar trivia quiz or bingo card. The rules are easy: Watch the awards (and the commercials) for appearances of instances on your card. Use gold star stickers as markers and the first person to fill a row wins.

Caitlin Barry Senior Campus Correspondent for Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus