How To Celebrate Valentine’s Day Even if You’re Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

It’s that time of year again, the day to celebrate love and what better way to celebrate, than in 

some of the most unpredictable and fun ways for singles and couples.

1. Valentine’s Day Bar Crawl – grab a bunch of friends, single or in a relationship and goi on 

a fun bar crawl. Stop at all of the best bars, drink a little and move on to the next one. 

Maybe map it out and follow the schedule and make it a fun night out. By the end of the 

night end up at a club and dance the night away. 

2. Singles Day Party – Why not throw a fun darty for you and your best friends. We all know 

the whole day for singles can be a bit annoying, so why not celebrate it with them. Drink, 

eat a bunch of junk food and gossip the day away. 

3. Travel around the City – Leave your college town and travel around the city. Go to places 

you have never been to, try new things, and take pictures to remember this day forever

4. Group Date – Calling ALL couples! You and your friends who are also in relationships 

should go on a fun big group date. Bowling, dinner, or a movie. Something fun to enjoy 

with other couples can be a fun way to end your valentine’s day night after being with 

your hubby all day. 

5. Send your Love – make funny and cute cards for your friends and hand them out on 

valentine’s day to reassure them that they are loved. 

6. DIY gift – Look up great and priceless ways to create the best gift for that special 

someone. Creative gifts that are from the heart are always the best

7. Volunteer – find a place to volunteer and lend a helping hand to those who are in need. 

No better way to spread love than participating acts of kindness for ones who are less 

fortunate than yourself. 

8. You Day – spend the day pampering yourself, mani/pedi, shopping spree, netflix in bed, 

etc. Cater the day to yourself because you deserve it
Amira Hardy

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde is a senior journalism and professional writing double major with hopes of working in the wide world of publishing upon graduating in May of 2016. This Miami University (OH) Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief is a fashion fanatic with a knack for words and bringing them to life. Shelby has had a wide variety of experiences throughout her four years at Miami, including working as Creative Services and Special Sections intern for Cincinnati Magazine, as well as a three-time returning style guru intern for well known fashion site, CollegeFashionista.com.The 22 year-old is Hoosier born and bred with a New Yorker status pending, and she's looking for something BIG! All inquiries can be forwarded to: shelbyyhyde@hercampus.com