HC Miami’s Clinique Review: Cheek Pop in Peach Pop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

When I first received the Clinique Cheek Pop blush, the first thing I noticed was the cute packaging and the vibrant peach color.  The Peach Pop color is perfect for spring, especially because of the adorable way the blush was molded into a flower shape in the packaging. The way the Cheek Pop blush was presented made me really excited to try it on, and when I did, I loved it even more!

Texture and Application

This blush is different from others I’ve used because it has a very silky and velvety feel to it and does not feel dry and cakey like some blushes.  I knew that because of the consistency and the bright pigment, less would be more so I tried to apply it very sparingly at first by tapping off the excess on my brush.  I swept on the blush with light strokes and then added a little bit more to get an idea of the color.

Color

I have fair to medium skin and once I was done applying the blush, the color seemed true to the packaging and showed up as bright peach.  I think that this color would be appropriate for all skin tones, especially if you are looking for a product to brighten up your entire look. I applied the color as I was getting ready in the morning and even though it faded a little I could still see the color before I went out to dinner with friends that night.

Recommendation

Overall, I think this is a great blush, especially for the springtime.  It is a quality product and is worth the extra money in comparison to a drugstore blush because you don’t need to use a lot for the product to show up and it has great staying power. The Cheek Pop can be applied with a normal fluffy face brush but you can also use your fingers to get a more blended and natural look.  You can view pictures and color references for the blush at the Clinique website.  The Clinique Cheek Pop blush in Peach Pop is $21, and can be bought at the Clinique beauty counter in the Shriver bookstore!

Melissa is a senior journalism and psychology major this year at Miami University. She is the president of the Her Campus chapter at Miami University of Ohio, and is a member of several other student organizations.