Have Her Style: Blake Lively

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Ever looked at a celebrity and thought “I wish I could dress like her”? For me, that is Blake Lively. Her wardrobe is mainly made up of fun and simple pieces. Here’s a few tips on how to make yourself just as stylish as Blake.

Going to class:

• Blake’s casual look can easily be accomplished for class. Even if you don’t have a lot of time to put into your outfit, you can still look put together when you pair solid neutral shorts with bold stripes or patterns on top.
  • With the Ohio weather being as unpredictable as it is, opt for a long sleeve blouse like the one in the middle. If it gets a little chilly at any point, you’ll still be warm.
  • Or you can always grab a light leather jacket to throw on top, like the one on the right. IT will keep you warm in the mornings on your walk to class.
  • Keep the accessories simple like you see on the left. As far as shoes go, opt for kitten heels or strappy sandals so that your feet won’t be hurting all day.

Going out:

• Blake loves to have fun with her dresses, so should you!
  • Not feeling super daring? That’s okay. An easy way to still accomplish a memorable look is to pick a simple dress in a bold color like the one on the left.
  • Feeling super daring for your night out? Opt for a dress like the one on the right. It has unique and eye-catching details. You’ll be sure to stand out from the rest of the girls!
  • Keep the accessories simple when wearing such a standout dress.
  • As for the heels, the higher the better! They will make your legs look gorgeous and you’ll for sure be a hit.

Hair and Makeup:

• If you love your beauty sleep and don’t have a lot of time beforehand to get ready, opt for the look on left. Style your hair wavy and keep your makeup light and natural.
  • If you have a lot of time before going out, think about trying something new with your hair like the look in the middle. Try out different braids and watch some cool hair tutorials online to come up with a fun and fresh look for uptown.
  • If you don’t have a lot of time before heading out, opt for the look on the right. Do your hair in a simple half-up do with curls and focus more of your time on your makeup. Try a bold new shade for your lips or eyes. Your simple hair will balance out the new bold makeup. 
Alaine Perconti graduated from Miami University (OH) with degrees in Marketing and Journalism. She is the co-founder of the Miami (OH) Chapter and was President from 2011-2013. After graduation, Alaine moved to Cincinnati, OH where she works for a digital marketing agency and is an active volunteer for a local animal rescue. As an HC Alum, Alaine is now a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and is excited to be a positive influence and professional partner for CC's in her new role.