photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

This week is crunch time because finals week is here.  Whether we’re cramming in study time or trying to get some z’s the night before, it’s important to be able to study and do well for any major assignments while taking care of yourself.  Here are some hacks that I like to use at the end of the semester.

1.Meal Prep: this has been a major game-changer for me because it makes me more efficient within my schedule and makes it easier if you’re having a busy day so that you’re able to get a balanced meal.

2.Balanced breakfast:  Meal prep comes into play with breakfast because it is one of the most important meals of the day.  It’s where you get your nutrients and energy to start your day on a good note. I recommend having some protein and fruit for some vitamin c during finals so that you can be fully engaged and ready for studying and your finals.

3. Have a good amount of sleep: I can not stress enough how important sleep is.  It’s very essential to have so that you can retain the information you study and so that you can take a breather for yourself.  I like to nap in my free time if I know I need some sleep because it helps with your REM cycle and is like a natural cup of coffee.

4. Opt-out of the coffee and go for something more natural.  Caffeine can do more harm than good especially if you’re stressed, but if you have to have it I suggest having kombucha or a green apple for a healthy caffeine option.  For caffeine free options, I like to go for a chamomile or mint tea with some honey.

5. HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE: Please don’t forget to take the time and drink water.  It’s important to stay hydrated and refreshed for any important dates and finals coming up.  And remember that if you’re having coffee in particular, it tends to dehydrate you so try to balance it with your water intake as well.

6. Have emergency snacks in your bag: I love finding a snack in my bag during this time because we tend to get caught up in assignments and the stress that we tend to forget to nourish our bodies.  I recommend having granola or some fruit you can carry with you!

7. Do something that relaxes you: For me, I like to dedicate my morning with a good breakfast and getting ready in the morning with outfit Inspo with the whole shebang.  This is something that makes me happy and something that I love to do to start the day on a positive note.

8. Have that mantra up and ready on your fridge: This is so that you can stay on track and motivated to submit or do your best on your finals.  I love having this type of thing somewhere where I can see it the most as a daily reminder to be your best self in all areas of your life.

9. Know that you’re doing great: You are putting in the time and dedicating yourself to do well on those final projects and exams.  I’m sending good energy your way you’re going to do amazing! What helps me whenever I’m stressed during this time is to talk to a good friend or family member that can give you a great pep talk. It helps me a lot so that I can acknowledge my hard work and know that I’m doing everything I can to be successful

10.Final tip of the day…..Celebrate after you finished everything: You need to celebrate your hard work and persistence through this journey.  Go and celebrate with your friends or family with something fun because you’ve worked hard and earned it!