Gone Fishin’: Dive Into This Fabulous Fish Trend For Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Fish-inspired wear is all the rage this spring. Kenzo and other top-notch designers showcased the new fish trend in their Spring/Summer 2014 collections. In this trend profile, HC highlights how you can incorporate a nautical, under-the-sea vibe into your personal spring wardrobe. All aboard for a reel of fun fish styles under $100! 

A sea of rainbow fish-inspired colors printed on a maxi dress lengthens your frame and gives major elegance like BB Dakota’s Rayna Maxi Dress ($80). 

Show off your legs with a shimmery scale-like skirt with a scallop cut. HC adores Tobi’s take on the trend with this festive gold skirt ($72). If you don’t want to go full out with glitter scales, considering the popularity of the cut this year, it can be found in a variety of less glitzy forms ranging from spring dresses and skirts to shorts.

HC can’t get enough of this fun fish print blouse. Wear a printed, bright button-down like this one and you’ll have heads turning all day around campus. 

Nautical starfish charms on a simple gold or silver chain bracelet, as styled below, go swimmingly with any outfit, you can take out word for it! (Lizzibeth, $18).

Lounge on a fish-print towel for a super-tropical feel no matter where you are. HC’s favorite is this sea-foam green one for a super affordable price! (Target, $13).

These one-of-a-kind fishbone earrings will make your face sparkle every time you move. Wear ’em with your hair down in loose waves to feel like Princess Ariel for a night out painting the town. (Funky Fishbone Dangle Earrings, $13). 

This gorgeous “Bait Bag” collection by Alaina Marie is inspired by real fishing supples! Low-key, but oh- so chic! ($60).