This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

It’s finally starting to feel like fall here in Oxford which inspired me to create a fall bucket list of fun, festive activities to do.

1. Go to a pumpkin patch. Pick out the biggest, brightest pumpkin and bring it back to carve. You could also paint it which is something I’ve wanted to try. After you’re done carving/painting it, clean off the seeds inside and bake them in the oven for a nice fall treat.

2. Go to a haunted house. Ohio is full of haunted houses: there’s Dent School House, The USS Nightmare and so many more scary places Ohio has to offer.

3. Go on a hayride. Almost any farm you go to offers hayride. A couple years ago I went on a haunted hayride that provided elements of both a haunted house and a fun fall hayride.

4. Go through a corn maze. Corn mazes are a fun activity that will probably take up an afternoon. The more lost you get, the more fun you have.

5. Have a scary movie marathon. I’m not a huge fan of scary movies but I love Halloween themed movies like The Nightmare Before Christmas and Rocky Horror Picture Show. Sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket with some hot cocoa and popcorn with a few of my favorite Halloween movies sounds like the perfect night.

6. Go on a hike. Hueston Woods is perfect this time of year and the weather is ideal for taking a hike. While you’re there, you can get a group of friends together to camp out for a weekend.

7. Have a bonfire. Having a bonfire can be tricky in college considering the fact that most of us live in dorms. If you can’t get a real fire going, you can make some smores in the microwave and sit outside your dorm with blankets.

8. Pumpkin spice everything!!! Whether it’s going to Starbucks to get a psl or making pumpkin spice cookies, fall is the time where pumpkin spice thrives.

9. Go apple picking. I love apples and apples always taste the best in fall. I’ve always wanted to go to a farm and pick my own bushel of apples.

10. Go shopping for fall clothes. I think we can all agree that fall has the best fashion. I love buying new scarves, flannels and sweaters. I just recently swapped my clothes out for my fall/winter clothes and I couldn’t be happier.

I can’t wait to try out these festive activities over the next few weeks! Fall is truly the best time of the year.

Zoe Kelley

Miami (OH) '22

Marketing and Professional Writing student at Miami University in the Farmer School of Business. From West Chester, OH. I love dogs and my family fosters pit bulls. I love to read, write and play piano. My favorite book is Franny and Zooey by JD Salinger, My favorite movie is Chicago and my favorite TV show is How I Met Your Mother. I love to go to the beach and I hope to someday live in New York City. I was a dancer for 16 years in all styles.
Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer