Elevating Holiday Style for 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Thanksgiving has passed, and if you are like me, you are anxiously generating holiday outfits in your brain. This is an exciting time to express one’s self through dress because incorporating bold pieces into festive outfits is simple! Additionally, 2017 will be an exceptional year for holiday fashion, as many current trends are perfect to incorporate into a fresh yet timeless holiday look.

Velvet

It’s arguable that the must have trend right now is velvet anything. Seriously, anything will do, adding a velvet piece to an outfit instantly makes it fun, spirited, and trendy! Here’s some velvet statement pieces every girl should make room for in her wardrobe.

The Wide Leg Pant

Another popular trend glimpsed at in the velvet section is the wide leg pant. At this point, it seems that anything other than a pant skinny to the ankles is trendy. Here are some cute pants to rock for the holiday season!

Faux Fur Coats

If you are living in 2017, it’s practically impossible to ignore the rise of faux fur in fashion today. It easily spices up just about any outfit into a glamorous one, and also adds warmth! These are your go to faux fur coats for the rest of the season.

Sequins

With the article being about holiday dress, there’s no way I could leave out sequins! Sequins are perfect especially for NYE, but are certainly a great way to dress for the entire holiday season. These sequin pieces will make your outfit one to surely stand out.

Accessories

Still think your holiday look may be incomplete? Check out these accessories to add a little shine to your ensemble.

Hopefully this brought some inspiration to your holiday hunt for the perfect celebratory outfits! Check out the links below to direct you to every product mentioned in this article. Good luck, and happy holiday shopping!

Velvet

Jumpsuit

Trousers

Wrap Dress

Body Suit

Mule Heels

____________________________________________________________________________

Wide Legs

Blue Pair

Red Pair

Cream Pair

Gold Pair 

Faux Fur

Blue Coat

Colorblock Coat

Geometric Coat

Star Coat

Brown Coat

Sequins

Striped Jumpsuit

Wide Leg Pants

Mini Skirt

Striped Romper

Black Cami

Boots

Accessories

Sparkle Fishnets

Velvet Crossbody

Blue Suede Belt

Green Knotted Earrings

Hoop Earrings

Feature Photo

Mary Clark

Miami (OH) '21

HC Contributing Wrter
Mary Carroll

Miami (OH)

CCs