This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.
Exams are just around the corner and stress is starting to set in…not to mention the added pressure of the fast-approaching holiday season is taking a toll. Take a break between those term papers and group projects and pamper your body with some of HC’s favorite quick and inexpensive treatments that you can make right in your dorm or in the comfort of your home!

1. Oatmeal and Honey Facial Mask
Honey is an anti-irritant, which makes it the perfect ingredient to help tame acne breakouts, while still preserving moisture in your skin! 

Ingredients:
  • ½ cup of oatmeal, uncooked
  • ½ cup of water
  • ½ cup of milk
  • 1 tablespoon of pure honey  

Directions: Cook water and oatmeal in a microwave for about one minute. Mix in honey and milk and stir constantly until thick. Set aside until mixture is cool. Massage onto face and neck and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Remove with warm water.

2. Cucumber Eye Pads
Not only are these pads cooling and relaxing, but they also reduce those stubborn eye-bags from sleep deprivation.

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 whole cucumbers
  • 1 teaspoon of water
  • Cotton pads
  • Plastic sandwich bags
Directions: Peel and chop the cucumbers into large slices. Blend or smash slices into a watery pulp and add water. Soak cotton pads into the mixture and place 
them flat in a sandwich bag (don’t overlap them!). Place in refrigerator or freezer for 2 hours. Place pads on eyes and enjoy!

3. Blueberry Facial
Blueberries are packed with awesome antioxidants and vitamins. This facial will leave your skin extra soft and hydrated!

Ingredients:
  • ¼ cup of blueberries
  • 1 teaspoon of pure honey
  • 1 teaspoon of olive oil
Directions: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend well. Evenly apply to face and leave on for five minutes. Remove mask with warm water and a cloth.

4. Foot Scrubs
Don’t forget about your feet! Exfoliate your heels and toes to make them silky soft.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of raw sugar or Epsom salt
  • ½ cup of olive oil
Directions: Mix sugar and olive oil thoroughly. Then add one of the following ingredients (or make your own creation):
  • 10-15 drops of peppermint oil
  • The juice of 1 lime
  • 10 drops of vanilla extract
Apply to feet and massage thoroughly. Remove with warm water.

5. Apple Pie Body Scrub
If you are in the mood for something extra special, try this fantastic concoction! Not only does it smell heavenly, this scrub will also remove dead skin and keep it moisturized. This scrub can also be a fantastic and simple Christmas gift!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons of applesauce
  • Pinch of cinnamon
Directions: Mix ingredients in a bowl, and massage mixture onto wet skin thoroughly. Rinse well when finished.

Junior Journalism & Marketing double major at Miami University. MU Fashion Public Relations. Sister of the Chi Omega Fraternity.