alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Cozy Up To A New Pair of Boyfriend Jeans This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Ladies, it’s time to give your legs a break from skinny jeans and your favorite jeggings to give your gams a little breathing room. Menswear-inspired boyfriend jeans are a total do this summer, collegiettes. Don’t be scared or turned off by the term “menswear.” We’re not talking Avril Lavigne button-downs and ties circa 2002 (hopefully that trend never resurfaces). Girls can definitely rock boyfriend jeans, it’s just a matter of the fit and what you pair your jeans with. Here are some simple guidelines, so you don’t end up looking like you literally stole your boyfriend’s style.

HC Guidlines For Acing The Boyfriend Jeans Trend

• Make sure your jeans fit well on the waistline. Since the jeans are naturally baggy and loose, they need to hug your waistline so you don’t look shapeless.
  • If you’re short, you may need to cuff your boyfriend jeans once more. A couple inches above your ankles is perfect, a la Kate Moss.
  • Pair with heels and a top with a feminine silhouette for a sexy, relaxed look. To amp it up a notch, add a bright blazer. Mixing business wear with weekend wear is downright cool.
  • Don a loose white tee or plaid button-down to completely embrace the cute, boyish aspect of these jeans. Just add something girly like a dash of red lipstick, a stack of arm candy, or ankle strap heels and you’ll be good to go.
  • If you’re gonna go distressed, don’t go too distressed. We’re looking at you, Kim Kardashian. Holes should be small. Light wash distressed jeans are our ish right now. They look good with just about everything.