Connor McGarry ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Campus Cutie Connor McGarry may be one of the only sophomores with a past internship at Apple that we know of … talk about being motivated! Don’t worry Connor, we’re sure you’ll land a job by the time graduation roles around! Name: Connor McGarry Major: Finance Year at Miami: Sophomore Hometown: Frankfort, IL Clubs/Affiliations on Campus: Pi Kappa Alpha, Miami University Boxing Club 

Favorite…Song of the Moment: Free- RudimentalSong of all time: I really can’t say I have one, my favorite song changes too often to pick just one.Bar Uptown: Three Trees [M.I.A.]Thing about Miami: The people. I know everyone says that Miami has a unique student body, and by unique I mean preppy, stuck up, wealthy and judgmental, but I haven’t really seen that. I might be naïve, but I also just think that if you look in the right places you’ll find amazing people who do not fit the “Miami stereotype” at all.

If you could do anything for a career, what would it be?I really wish I knew! But right now I’m looking into potentially investment banking or a career with Apple? Wish me luck.

Who is the biggest role model in your life? My mom and dad are two of my biggest role models. They are two incredible people that taught me how to be the man that I am today. Ask anyone in my fraternity or anyone who knows them, they are easily 100x cooler than I am.

What has been the proudest moment of your time at Miami? Probably gaining an internship with Apple.

Anything you hope to do/accomplish before graduating? I kind of want to throw a pool party in the Shriver Fountains … and maybe graduate with a job? Maybe?