Concerts You Won’t Want To Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

For many Miami students, it’s difficult to break with the weekend tradition of going to Broken Clock followed by a whole Will’s pizza or chips and queso at Fiesta Charra. However, occasionally mixing it up may not be so bad after all. This semester there are a ton of great concerts in the Cincinnati and Dayton area that are calling your name. We can already feel the banging of the bass. 

Country Looking for something to do over fall break weekend that isn’t too far away? Head down to Cincinnati for the Brantley Gilbert concert! Gilbert’s “Let It Ride Tour” has been selling out across the country, and what better way to break into fall than rocking a new pair of cowboy boots? Although he’s considered country, Gilbert also has a rock feel, especially amongst hits like “Small Town Throwdown,” “Country Must Be Country Wide,” and “More Than Miles.”

To continue with the country theme, Justin Moore will be in Dayton on November 15. Over the past year with a new album release, Moore has been taking over the country world by storm. However, his hits have been pouring out for years with songs like “Small Town USA” and “Flyin’ Down a Back Road.” Attending Moore’s concert will absolutely feed anyone’s craving for country.

Hip-Hop Another great show coming to Cincinnati that’s familiar to Oxford, as he played here last year, is Hoodie Allen. Hoodie Allen along with Chiddy Bang will be at Bogart’s on November 3. Instead of an arena concert like the others listed, Bogart’s is for those willing to stand in a crowd around the stage. It will totally have the college feel that we all know and love! 

Also at Bogart’s, Waka Flocka Flame is coming October 24. This rapper from the ATL had us all dancing to “No Hands” at our high school Prom, but this month he’ll have us bumpin’ to some of his new tracks from “Flockaveli 2,” which was just dropped this month. 

RockDon’t want to stop dancing? Check out the dance-rock band from Denmark called New Politics. These three guys will keep you on your feet with their undergound rock sound — think a mix of upbeat sounds from The Kooks and 1975. Their most popular hits are “Yeah Yeah Yeah” and “Harlem,” but be sure to check out “Tonight You’re Perfect.”  

DanceIf you planned to see Bastille back in May, you probably know that the concert was rescheduled for October 17. If you can’t stop listening to Pompeii (still) and are addicted to their rendition of “What Would You Do,” now is your chance to see them perform those songs (and more) live. Don’t miss out!

Get a group of friends together and take a short road trip to Cincinnati or Dayton for the night. Both cities have a solid lineup for this fall, but if none of the concerts mentioned here catch your eye, make sure to check out sites like Ticketmaster for more options. Now get your hands up in the air and have fun singing-a-long to your favorite artists LIVE! 

Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.