Cold Weather Fashion: How to Stay Warm and Look Great

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Regardless of whether or not it is nearly -10 degrees outside, all of us will still put on our heels and trek Uptown. Who really knows if the groundhog saw his shadow? It is obviously still wintery outside, so we need to look great while dressing warm!

Here are some ways to stay fabulous during those freezing cold nights:

1. Leggings are always nice to wear with those cute little button down shirts we all love. Instead of super thin leggings, try a thicker pair. You can find these at Target, or even T.J. Maxx on the clearance rack (I just scored some for $10 last weekend)! Pair them with boots, flats, or even heels. Wearing these will allow you to still rock those cute tops, but you’ll feel like you’re wearing jeans (without the discomfort).

2. When going out, you’ll either be walking home or, if lucky, you’ll be riding a bus. With either option you’ll be outside for some time, so layer up! Try wearing a long sleeved top that is more on the thin side, and top it off with a cute leather jacket or blazer. The more layers, the more warmth, and essentially the more fun!

3. If you are one of those lucky ladies that can rock heels all night (I just wish I could dance like Beyoncé did at the Super Bowl in those thigh high boots), try wearing closed-toe heels or heeled boots. Your feet will be more comfortable and won’t be as exposed to the cold weather.

4. A trick that always works for me is carrying a small side bag big enough for a few items: my cellphone, cash, ID, gum, lip-gloss, and my gloves. If your cross body is large enough pack your gloves for the trip home! Seems silly, but try it and see if you’ll be complaining this weekend!

Hopefully spring will arrive soon, and we can start rocking our pastels, wedges, and dresses. Until then, we must continue on during this season of winter, but that surely does not mean we have to freeze to death. We can still look just as gorgeous!