Campus Cutie: Shelby Hyde ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Though this week’s cutie is off the market, we thought it would be fun to tell everyone what makes one of our Chapter Correspondent’s, and editor-in-chief so much fun! 

Year: Senior 

Hometown: Indianapolis 

Major: Journalism & Profressional Writing

Minor: Fashion Design

Campus Involvement: Miami University’s Club of Fashion Designer, College Fashionista,

HerCampus: How did you become involved with HerCampus?

Shelby Hyde: It was so random! My friend went to Mega Fair, which is an event at the beginning of each semester that displays all of our school’s clubs and organizations, and signed me up, knowing it was right up my alley! I had just figured out what I wanted to major in, and I’ve always loved fashion so this was the perfect way to get my name out there as a new writer! 

HC: What have you learned from your experiences as EIC of your chapter? 

SH: Just how important communication is! 

HC: So I heard that you worked at New York Fashion Week the past two seasons. Can you tell us a little bit more about what you did for that and how you got involved? 

SH: It was something I was really interested in doing, and I had always dreamed of one day getting the chance to go, so I went straight to the top, and applied for an interview with the CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America), and after several interviews and what not I got the amazing opportunity to volunteer. This last season I worked with a Fashion PR company and got the chance to work with designers in preparations for their shows! I got to see a bunch of important shows and everything! It was the opportunity of a lifetime!

HC: What are your career aspirations?

SH: I hope to be working for a well-known fashion magazine/company, writing! Whether it be copywriting or journalism.

HC: What has been one of your favorite experiences while at Miami?

SH: My junior year I was lucky enough to attend an intimate dinner of about 15 students hosted for Tim Gunn, from Project Runway before attending his lecture that night! That was awesome and such an honor. 

HC: What about Miami are you going to miss after graduation? 

SH: Definitely all of my friends! We’ve created a strong, close-knit family unit. We’re each other’s home away from home! 

HC: What is your ideal date?

SH: I’m not a crazy picky person, but whenever my boyfriend goes out of his way to make a date special I’m a pretty happy camper (which is often!) But I’m all for a home cooked meal, and a quiet night in.

HC: What do you like to do in your spare time? 

SH: Blog ! My blog (thefemaleaddict) is my prized possession! It gives me a reason to teach myself new things such as photoshop and coding (which I’m obsessed with right now!)

Abigail Bates is an assistant editor for Her Campus Miami (OH). She's a senior, journalism and French double major with a passion for writing, travel and all things fashion. She is also a member of Miami's UP fashion magazine and can often be found steaming the milk for your latte as a barista at Dividend$. 
Shelby Hyde

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde is a senior journalism and professional writing double major with hopes of working in the wide world of publishing upon graduating in May of 2016. This Miami University (OH) Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief is a fashion fanatic with a knack for words and bringing them to life. Shelby has had a wide variety of experiences throughout her four years at Miami, including working as Creative Services and Special Sections intern for Cincinnati Magazine, as well as a three-time returning style guru intern for well known fashion site, CollegeFashionista.com.The 22 year-old is Hoosier born and bred with a New Yorker status pending, and she's looking for something BIG! All inquiries can be forwarded to: shelbyyhyde@hercampus.com