Campus Cutie: Nate Gillette ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Meet one of the kindest and handsomest undergrads on campus: Nate Gillette is everyone’s favorite boy-next-door with a heart of pure gold. Whether he’s playing the ukulele or kicking it on the soccer field, he finds a way to have fun and enjoy life as much as a rigorous Engineering degree will allow. When you make it to Friday after a long week, Nate is your number one partner for whatever adventure—or whichever movie, especially if it’s Gladiator—the night has in store.

Name: Nate Gillette

Year in School: Junior

Major(s) and Minor(s): Biomedical Engineering major, Entrepreneurship minor

Hometown: Toledo, OH

Her Campus: What organizations are you involved in?

Nate Gillette: The Bridge Church and Engineers Without Boarders

HC: What part of your Miami experience has changed you the most?

NG: The friendships I have developed

HC: How do you de-stress?

NG: I like to play basketball or soccer, longboard, play the ukulele, or just watch a movie to de-stress.

HC: What is your favorite show to binge watch on Netflix?

NG: The Office

HC: Who is your favorite band/ singer/ music artist?

NG: Zac Brown Band

HC: Where is the coolest place you’ve travelled to?

NG: Either Munich, Germany or Venice, Italy

HC: What’s your favorite thing to do on a Friday night?

NG: Sometimes I like chilling, going out, or just goofing around with friends. Sometimes I like coming home after my last class on Friday and passing out, waking up at 9 to eat some food, and passing out again.

HC: What is your favorite thing about yourself?

NG: My faith

HC: Pick three words to best describe you:

NG: patient, observant, and crucial

HC: The worst pick-up line you’ve ever used:

NG: Hey could I borrow an eraser? Just kidding, but do you want go to homecoming with me?

HC: What characteristics do you look for in a friend?

NG: I look for a sense of humor, a slight “screw-it” mentality, and general intelligence.

HC: If you were making dinner for a date, what would you cook—or do you just go for an old-fashioned restaurant?

NG: Spaghetti with homemade meat balls and garlic bread.

HC: What is the best pizza joint in Oxford, and what kind of pizza would you order?

NG: Little Ceaser’s, it’s not amazing but my goodness it’s five dollars. I’d get pepperoni.

HC: Who is your hero, and why?

NG: My dad, he set an example of what it means to be a man in work, family, and faith.

HC: What words of wisdom would you give to your freshman self?

NG: Listen to your mother but also get buckets.

HC: If someone else had to answer these questions for you, whom would you rely on to do the best job?

NG: Liz Dejohn

Tess is an Assistant Editor and Contributing Writer for Her Campus Miami (OH)
Shelby Hyde

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde is a senior journalism and professional writing double major with hopes of working in the wide world of publishing upon graduating in May of 2016. This Miami University (OH) Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief is a fashion fanatic with a knack for words and bringing them to life. Shelby has had a wide variety of experiences throughout her four years at Miami, including working as Creative Services and Special Sections intern for Cincinnati Magazine, as well as a three-time returning style guru intern for well known fashion site, CollegeFashionista.com.The 22 year-old is Hoosier born and bred with a New Yorker status pending, and she's looking for something BIG! All inquiries can be forwarded to: shelbyyhyde@hercampus.com