Campus Cutie: Daniel Tran ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Meet Daniel Tran, an ambitious senior with an impressive résumé who still knows how to kick back and have good time. In addition to his involvement with the Asian American Association and work with the FSB study abroad programs, Daniel completed a Pre-MBA at the University of California, Berkeley this past summer. On top of that, Daniel is a seasoned traveler; the summer of 2014 Daniel studied abroad in Tianjin, China, and growing up he lived in Vietnam, Paris, Berlin, and Amsterdam. He currently resides in sunny Los Angeles, California. When he’s not in class you can often find him in King Library sporting one of his many pairs of fun socks and drinking his go-to Caramel Macchiato.

Keep reading to learn more about this Her Campus Cutie!

Year : Senior

Major: Economics Major, with an Information System Analysis (ISA) and Chinese double minor

Hometown: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Favorite ice cream flavor: Cookies & Cream

Her Campus: What is your dream career?

Daniel Tran: My ultimate goal is to become a partner at a consulting firm.

H.C.: What made you decide on Miami?

D.T.: My friends and I back in high school, after we got our acceptance letters, created a March Madness for colleges. We applied to a lot of big private and public schools so we would have a lot of options to choose from.  We stacked schools up against each other based on criteria like school size, college town, Greek life, the business schools, alumni network, etc. For me, Miami won the March Madness, and for my friend it was Pennsylvania State University.

H.C.: What is your ideal date?

D.T.: On my ideal date I’ll cook her dinner at my place and then we’ll take a long walk on the wharf or go ice skating, and then end the night with ice cream. (laughs)

H.C.: What qualities do you find most attractive in a girl?

D.T.: I find a girl with a sense of humor to be very attractive, because my days are usually long so I like a girl who can brighten up my day. I also like a girl who is smart and who loves dogs as much as I do.

H.C.: If you could travel anywhere in the world right now where would you go? Why?

D.T.: I would go to South Africa because I have never been there. I would visit the Cape of Hope, where you can see both the Atlantic and Indian Oceans at the same time.

H.C.: What do you like to do in your free time?

D.T.: During the week I like to go for runs or grab dinner with friends. On the weekends you can typically find me at broken or getting dinner with friends.

H.C.: Who is your celebrity crush?

D.T.: Alice Eve, the British Actress or Margot Robbie from Wolf of Wall Street.

H.C.: What shows are you currently obsessed with?

D.T.: I’m obsessed with Game of Thrones, Scandal, and Flash. I’m also currently trying to get into the new season of American Horror story. 

Abigail Bates is an assistant editor for Her Campus Miami (OH). She's a senior, journalism and French double major with a passion for writing, travel and all things fashion. She is also a member of Miami's UP fashion magazine and can often be found steaming the milk for your latte as a barista at Dividend$. 
Shelby Hyde

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde is a senior journalism and professional writing double major with hopes of working in the wide world of publishing upon graduating in May of 2016. This Miami University (OH) Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief is a fashion fanatic with a knack for words and bringing them to life. Shelby has had a wide variety of experiences throughout her four years at Miami, including working as Creative Services and Special Sections intern for Cincinnati Magazine, as well as a three-time returning style guru intern for well known fashion site, CollegeFashionista.com.The 22 year-old is Hoosier born and bred with a New Yorker status pending, and she's looking for something BIG! All inquiries can be forwarded to: shelbyyhyde@hercampus.com