Campus Cutie: Ashantia Collins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

As young women in college we all know how it feels to feel overwhelmed with work, class, organizations, and a social life. Ashantia Collins has shown that she does the job well when it comes to managing her time. She is a very dedicated, hard working, caring, and friendly person who is continuing to grow and flourish on Miami Universities campus. I had the amazing opportunity to sit down and talk to her about her about life and her favorite things.

Her Campus: What is your year and major?

Ashantia Collins: I am a junior psychology major

Her Campus: What is your involvement on campus?

AC: I am currently a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated as well as an executive member for the Black Student Action Association here at Miami University

Her Campus: Where are you from?

AC: I am from Grand Rapids, Michigan

Her Campus: What is your ideal date?

AC: most definitely a movie date. I love watching movies and going to see new ones

Her Campus: What is your favorite movie and why?

AC: I honestly don’t have a favorite movie. When I watch movies, I usually watch them once and that is it. But I am most definitely open to watching new movies

Her Campus: Who is your celeb crush?

AC: Has to be A$AP Rocky. Not only that but he is one of my favorite artists. I always feel like I am the only one who loves and appreciate him and it’s rare to share this common interest in him. But I guess that is okay because the more the merrier. 

Shelby Hyde

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde is a senior journalism and professional writing double major with hopes of working in the wide world of publishing upon graduating in May of 2016. This Miami University (OH) Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief is a fashion fanatic with a knack for words and bringing them to life. Shelby has had a wide variety of experiences throughout her four years at Miami, including working as Creative Services and Special Sections intern for Cincinnati Magazine, as well as a three-time returning style guru intern for well known fashion site, CollegeFashionista.com.The 22 year-old is Hoosier born and bred with a New Yorker status pending, and she's looking for something BIG! All inquiries can be forwarded to: shelbyyhyde@hercampus.com