Campus Celebrity: Ndeye Guisse

Ndeye Guisse is a busy girl. In addition to demanding studies, she’s a member of the Lockheed Martin Leadership Institute, a tutor at the Rinella Learning Center, and President of the National Society of Black Engineers. Ndeye took a moment out of her busy schedule to tell Her Campus a few things about herself and her activities.

Year: Junior

Major: Bioengineering & Premedical Studies

Hometown: Cincinnati, Ohio; originally from Senegal, West Africa

Favorite professor: Dr. Shashi Lalvani

Favorite class: Human Physiology

Plans after graduating Miami: I plan to attend medical school to pursue a career as an orthopedic surgeon. I plan on starting a nonprofit organization with my family to give back to West African nations especially in the realm of medical device advancements.

HC: What clubs and other activities are you involved in?

NG: I am president of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) as well as a member of the Lockheed Martin Leadership Institute, Phi Delta Epsilon premedical fraternity. I am a Stamps Scholar as well. During the week I volunteer in the Physical Therapy department of the Knolls of Oxford nursing home and serve as a mentor for “Rak Sama” a mentorship program that I helped cofound in Cincinnati, Ohio.

HC: What is one thing most people don’t know about you?

NG: A lot of people don’t know that I have a watch addiction (self proclaimed). 

HC: What is your best memory at Miami?

NG: I can’t pinpoint just one! Going to India for three and a half weeks last J-term was a once in a lifetime opportunity that opened my eyes to so much beyond what’s in the states. Other than that the random unexpected adventures with friends here can’t be beat.

Caroline is fashionable, creative, and eccentric, though she likes to consider herself whimsical. She is interested in animals, history, fashion, and true crime and wants to be a writer when she grows up (physically; she will never grow up mentally). When not contributing to Her Campus, she can be found studying, working on a million projects at once, people-watching, playing with her beloved cats and dog, writing for fun, and eating red velvet cake.