Bridal Tea & Boutique Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

The first ever Miami University Bridal Tea and Boutique was one of the most exciting things I have ever experienced. When I arrived, I checked in and then was given a tour of the venue by Alex Tremaglio, the Marketing Specialist for the event. Come eleven o’clock, I began my journey.

Alfred Angelo

Alfredo Angelo is a wedding dress design company that also makes bridesmaid dresses, flower girl dresses and dresses for other special occasions. They had a few dresses on display as well as models walking around wearing the dresses. There was a table set up showing off jewelry and headpieces as well as color samples for bridesmaid dresses. For this event, you could schedule your dress appoint there and get a coupon for doing so.

Models

Strolling around the event were models wearing the Alfredo Angelo dresses and tuxes the local and only tux shop here in Oxford, Capital Dry Cleaning. The girls also wore Silpada Designs jewelry, had their hair and makeup done by Luna Blu, and carried flowers from one of the florists at the event. I managed to catch one of the couples outside for a quick picture. 

Jamberry

Jamberry is a fun and unique new way to do your nails. Basically, they are stickers that you apply, put a little heat on, allow to cool and then use fingernail clippers to get them to the length of your nail. They do bridal packages and even have sets that can match the colors of your wedding. You can even host a party! I got the chance to get a sample, and four days later, my nails still look like I just got them done. 

Note: I did paint my other nails a coordinating color and those have chipped already.

Luna Blu

Luna Blu is a salon here in Oxford that offers a variety of services. At the event they had make up samples and even gave out gift bags with free samples.

Clinique

Clinique was at the event and giving out a little goodie bag of free samples. They gave several suggestions for makeup and skin care products for the bride. The best part is that there is a Clinique counter right in the bookstore. By the way, how cute is that picture.

Hush

A lingerie shop Uptown that has all your bridal needs. They even have a lingerie registry! It was nice getting to talk to the owner, and hey what girl doesn’t like free lingerie (they gave out samples).

Silpada Designs

This jewelry company has beautiful pieces. They have several pieces that are pefect for the bridal as well as item that can be given as bridesmaid gifts.

BrideBod

BrideBod is a company started by Holly Larson. It specializes in showing brides how to eat healthier. Holly was more than happy to talk about her company and even give out free samples of her homemade peanut butter banana ice cream that she made right in front of you!

Annette’s Cheesecakes

Who doesn’t love a good cheesecake? What about having one at your wedding? Annette’s Cheesecakes can make entire tiered wedding cakes of cheesecake and decorate them just like you would a normal wedding cake. They also do traditional cakes, chocolate covered Oreos, cheesecake on a stick, mini cheesecakes, and chocolate covered pretzels. I tasted the chocolate cheesecake, and it was amazing!

Signature Photo Booth

Photo booth are becoming all the rage at weddings. They’re fun and exciting, and you get to keep your pictures. Signature Photo Booth’s  photo booths give the option of black and white photos or ones in color. You get to take four pictures and they come out on a strip. There’s even props! I got to test it out.    

Dirty Helen Paper Co., Menagerie Invitations, and GinghamGirl Greetings

All three of these companies offer a variety of beautiful stationary items. It was fun getting to see all the different types of stationary options available for brides. GinghamGirl Greetings even offers unique paper decorations for your wedding.

Oxford Visitors Bureau

The Oxford Visitors Bureau have a welcome bag that you can make up for all of your out of town guests full of free brochures that they offer in their office. They even offer fun personalized events to make your wedding more special including carriage rides through campus, a custom wedding drink served at all of the bars Uptown, Ballroom dance lessons at the Oxford Community Art Center, and even a Mr. and Mrs. Bagel at Bagel & Deli.

Miami University Bookstore 

The bookstore sells a variety of keepsakes items made for Miami Mergers. There’s everything from toasting flutes to photo albums. All of things can personalized with your date and names as well.

Limo Rides and Venue Tours

My favorite part of the event was getting to ride in limos to see the different venues and chapels on campus. Each venue was unique in its own way. The three that I was able to visit were the Shriver, Armstrong Student Center and the Club Lounge at the Goggin Ice Center. I was also to visit both of the beautiful chapels, Kumler and Sesquicentennial.

Overall, I had a great time and enjoyed getting to talk with each vendor. I think that this is a really unique and awesome idea for couples (there were some grooms there) who are getting married on campus and who might be Miami Mergers. This is something that The Marcum should do every year!

A special thanks to The Marcum Hotel & Conference Center for hosting the event as well as for all the vendor that attended. 

A mini cupcake I got to decorate.