Best Unknown Places to Study for Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Let’s be honest, it’s hard to find that optimal study spot to camp out at during midterms week. King Library is a mad house from top to bottom, and your dorm has WAY too many distractions (you know you want to watch ABC Family’s Halloween specials all day while noshing on candy). With that said, there are plenty of excellent options to try out if you want to switch up your usual study location.

• Dining halls in the morning

Dining halls tend to be pretty low key during the early hours; grab the most important meal of the day while reviewing your stack of flash cards.

• Amos Music Library

Not involved in any arts or music on campus? No problem! The library is open to all. It is located in the Center for the Performing Arts!

• Williams Hall

This one is weather permitting- there is a peaceful outdoor space at Williams Hall that could potentially be a serene place to study. It is overlooked by many students despite its benches and beautiful flower beds.

• Dorm basements

Get out of your dorm room and head on down to the basement for a quieter study experience. Better yet, get some laundry done while you’re down there.

• Top floor of Shriver

A lot of people forget about the VERY top floor of the Shriver Center. It has several seating places to accommodate you in your midterm cramming!

• McGuffey Hall

While everyone rushes to King for a table in the noisy cafe, you can get cozy in McGuffey Hall. The common area on the second floor serves as a fabulous study environment, so snipe a spot here after class to get away from all the hustle and bustle that goes on in King Cafe!

• GET CREATIVE!

Look for nooks and crannies ANYWHERE. You may surprise yourself and find your new favorite study spot in an unexpected location.

Lexi Sunberg

Miami (OH)

HC Writer