This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Since coming to college I’ve begun to hone in on my skincare routine, because believe it or not eating greasy bar food after a night out doesn’t do you or your skin any good. After starting to use these products and eat a cleaner diet, I’m finally beginning to see my skin go back to normal, or maybe even a little better. These 5 products are my holy grail, and since I have acne prone skin, to begin with, they have saved me. The combination of these products has given me a smooth, clear, and glowing complexion, even with the stress of college.

Glossier Solution

This stuff is pure magic. Not only does it help with acne, but it improves your overall complexion and claims its an “exfoliating skin perfector.” My skin has never felt or looked better, even just after a week of using it. It works wonders with the next product on my list.

Glossier Solution

Glossier Super Bounce

In combination with the Solution, or on its own, this hyaluronic acid and vitamin B serum will make your skin glow like no other. I apply this morning and night after letting the Solution set in for a few seconds. The hyaluronic acid and vitamin B help to add more moisture and life back into your skin, also helping with a more even makeup application.

Glossier Super Bounce

Beautycounter Dew Skin

I have never had a tinted moisturizer I have loved more than this. Not only does it provide a weightless and glowy coverage, but it also has SPF 20, and vitamin C infused in the product. I use this almost every day to help my skin look a little more alive and I sometimes mix it with a heavier foundation for a lighter look. I’m a fan of pretty much any Beautycounter product due to the fact that it is a clean-beauty company and still has some of the best natural products out there.

Beautycounter Dew Skin

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

I feel like everyone and their mother has heard of this product, but yet I still feel the need to mention it. I have been using the Drying Lotion since I was in eighth grade. Anytime I have a blemish pop up out of nowhere, the first thing I do is put a dot on this on my face for the night. The next morning, my blemish has either gone down to a point where it is less noticeable or has disappeared completely. This has and always will be a staple in my skincare routine.

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Drink Water!

While this isn’t exactly a skincare or beauty product, drinking water is essential to having clear skin. We should be drinking on average 8 glasses of water a day. Since starting to drink more water, I’ve noticed such a huge difference in my skin, but also my overall health. Having a cute reusable bottle helps to remind you to keep drinking, while also doing good for the environment.

Regan O'Brien

Miami (OH) '22

Hi there! I'm Regan O'Brien. I'm a freshman at Miami University and loving every second of it. Growing up 20 minutes outside of Manhattan, fashion, food, and lifestyle have always played a big part in my life. I'm here to share my tips and tricks with you, but also give you an inside look into my life as a college student. I've always had a love for writing and am so excited to start sharing my life with you all. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer