This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

It’s time for another campus cutie and this week HC got to know senior stud Al Meek. He may have made the rookie mistake of leaving his hard classes for senior year, but that doesn’t stop him from making time for a little adventure every now and then. He’s no Will Ferrell, but he’s willing to learn a little jazz flute in hopes of swooning the ladies. Did we mention that he’s single? Year: SeniorMajor/Minor: Accounting/EntrepreneurshipHometown: Wheaton, ILRelationship status: SingleCampus Involvement/Hobbies: 20 credits. Enough said.

Favorite …

• Place to relax: My lazy boy chair
  • Oxford bar: Freshman year Heavy Hands
  • Uptown restaurant: Steins
  • Holiday: Fat Tuesday
  • Movie: I bet it will be that new movie with Matthew Mcaughnahey – Interstellar
  • Song of all time: This must be the place by Talking Heads

If you could hang out with a celebrity for an entire day, who would it be and why?Dicaprio. In hopes that his appeal to super models would rub off on me.

What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever done?Played soccer next to an erupting volcano in Guatemala. The kids I played with said we were safe so I believed them. That was after we piled the village of 26 people into a pickup truck to get to the field—27 if you count the pregnant woman three days overdue as two.

Where do you hope to be in 7 years?Chilling courtside of a Bulls game with my 8-year-old son. (For the record, that would mean you’d have to have a child by the end of this year … are you sure about that Al? haha)

What would you tell your freshman self today?Load up on the hours so junior and senior year aren’t so tough. And don’t be intimidated by Tini-Tuesday’s.

What’s one thing on your senior bucket list that you absolutely have to do before you leave Miami?Sleep in my freshman year dorm without the current residents knowing …

What’s your favorite memory from college thus far?When I drove to North Carolina to learn to surf with Jeremy Cohen and John Burjek. Jeremy asked me Thursday night and we left Friday morning. Shredded some serious gnar.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?An accountant. Duh? Or an astronaut, but that dream went out the window because they don’t let anyone over six feet in the international space station.

What’s your biggest pet peeve?When people sneeze into their hands. Why would you do that?

What is your life motto or words that you live by?Esse quam videri. “To be, rather than to seem.” A lot of people seem to be campus cuties. But are they really? I am. I’m a campus cutie.

Who do you admire most?My Great-Grandparents. They raised 15 kids in two boxcars put together in the south side of Chicago. He delivered 12 of them himself. Well she did, but you know what I mean.

What are your post-grad plans?I’ll be a forensic accountant for a few years in Chicago in order to fund my food adventures. Then I’m starting my own business. Whether it’s a restaurant, accounting firm, land development firm, consulting firm, or whatever. Always thinking about the next big idea.

Either or…

Charra or Pinata: Pinata. Gio is good to me. Trashcan or Redskin: I know more people that pour trashcans. McDonalds breakfast or Taco Bell breakfast: McdsSuper Bad or Step Brothers: bothCoffee or RedBull: coffee addict

Would you rather…

Be a kid again or fast forward to meeting the girl of your dreams?I met the girl of my dreams as a kid. She moved. I’m damaged goods now.

Have more time of more money?Time. Compounding interest will take care of money.

Be fluent in several languages or know how to play every musical instrument?Every musical instrument, because we all know that music is the language of love.

Never sleep again or never be able to use the Internet?Never use the Internet. Too many single women in my area are always trying to meet me. It’s overwhelming.

Learn how to surf in Hawaii or ride an elephant in Thailand?I know how to shred the gnar already so that will make Hawaii even better. Heard the surf sugar tastes real good down there. Catch a total babe of a wave.

Emily Hanhart is a senior at Miami University. She is the Assistant Editor for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.
Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.