9 Beanies You’ll Rock Better Than Any Boy You Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Beanies are no longer just for Justin Bieber or your hipster, skater-wanna-be guy friends. Girls can wear beanies equally as well; it’s just a matter of finding the perfect hat for the weather and your style. Move over, boys because Her Campus has compiled 9 beanie looks that chicks can rock better than any of her guys friends. Sorry we’re not sorry for speaking the truth!

1) The Lightweight Cotton BeanieThis beanie is perfect for indoors and outdoors when you’re looking for that extra cool factor as you head out the door. Wear this hat far back on your head so that about an inch of your hairline is showing. If needed, bobby pin it into place to make sure it stays on. Let the extra fabric sag in the back for a very downtown-cool chic vibe as seen with the Coal Jessie Beanie from Urban Outfitters.  (Urban Outfitters, $34)

2) The Heavy Winter-Knit Fitted BeanieThis head-hugging hat is perfect for cold temperatures and you won’t have to worry about constantly readjusting it. Pick one that has a snug fit like the Pointelle Slouchy Beanie, styling it about a ¼ inch below your hairline. The fitted shape looks great with loose, flowing waves. (Urban Outfitters, $24)

3) The Statement BeanieOkay, beanies already make a major statement, but if you’re feeling extra bold, try a beanie with a cute or funny saying on it. In other words, let your hat do all the talking. For added beanie swag, allow the words to frame your eyes by wearing the beanie just above your brows. Say hello to a great conversation starter without even having to say a word! Urban Outfitters has an adorable and sassy selection available online. (Urban Outfitters, $24)

4) The Textured BeanieGot stick-straight strands that fall flat and just won’t cooperate? Bring your tresses to life with a bright-colored, crochet-like beanie. This hat is not meant for warmth, but rather for adding necessary flair. Let a few of your locks peek out in front for a playful, face-framing look as perfected by this Urban Outfitters model in the Open-Stitch Beanie. (Urban Outfitters, $19)

5) The Girly BeanieInto super feminine, cutesy shapes, but mildly terrified of looking like a lumberjack in your beanie? No worries, you can still hop on the beanie bandwagon for a lot of beanies this season are bedazzled with bows and sparkles to cater to the ladies. Try working the look in a light shade like light pink or cream. To avoid going too edgy, pick one that is small and fitted like this knotted Deena & Ozzy Rib-Knit Turban Beanie. (Urban Outfitters, $29)

6) Your Boyfriend’s BeanieOn the market for an alternative, rocker-chic piece to totally transform your outfit? Look no further than your boyfriend’s closet. Grab one of his beanies in a simple, dark color like black or grey. Pull it down right above your eyebrows and let the extra material stand on its own. The oversized fit and simple color will draw attention to your eyes and cheekbones as seen in this logo look from OBEY. (Urban Outfitters, $29)

7) The Super Slouched BeanieThis loose knit beanie is fitted on the crown of your head and slouches back without much need for adjustment on your behalf. The looser fit like this Coal Haley Beanie is perfect for girls with thick, long locks. Easy, breezy, beanie! (Urban Outfitters, $34)

8) The Patterned Bomber BeanieGot the winter blues? Beat ‘em with this fun, patterned winter hat, with a cute pom on top. This thick beanie is perfect for brutally cold weather and works on every face shape. Not to mention, this style is HC-approved and totally snow-bunny-cute!

9) The Team Spirit Pom BeanieLook festive and feel warm at your favorite team’s next game. The bright colors, labels, and multi-colored pom have enough pizazz to keep the rest of your outfit simple. Pack a pair of skinnies and a simple tee with you to the game so that you can keep the beanie on when you go out afterwards and discuss the game with any cuties from campus you run into.