jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Of The Funniest People On Twitter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Whether Twitter is the first social media site you open in the morning or not, these hilarious, satirical, thought-provoking and outlandish accounts will make you roll with laughter. They’re guaranteed to make you want to retweet. Here are eight of the funniest people on Twitter that you need to follow: 

1. John Jannuzzi, @johnjannuzzi From GQ’s senior digital editor comes a satirical, teasing insight to New York’s pop culture, food, clothing and more.

2. Yik Yak, @YikYakApp Yes, Yik Yak is on Twitter (scary). Think your college has the funniest yaks? Follow this account to see yaks from colleges across the nation. Warning: possible death by laughter.

3. Joanna Coles, @JoannaColes Fashion and feminism come together in Joanna Cole’s amazing account. You might recognize her from “Project Runway: All Stars” when she rivaled Tim Gunn as the incredibly blunt and sassy judge, but the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan also has a critical eye for what matters to women in the social and political world.

4. Eva Chen, @evachen212 This fashion queen has access to each and every Fashion Week around the globe – something many of her followers can only dream of. Follow her account and you will (vicariously) get to experience all the latest fashion trends and excitement from these amazing shows. Her casual tone, relatable posts and interactions with her followers make her one of the most accessible and interesting people on Twitter. 

5. Danger Guerrero, @DangerGuerrero “I write for @UPROXX. I don’t like sharks.” Hilarious and unforgiving.

6. Stephen King, @StephenKing This one is a little surprising, but the award-winning and best-selling novelist speaks his mind without a filter. You don’t have to agree with his comments on TV, books and movies, but the sass and the eccentric tweets are always good for a laugh. And his remark to Justin Beiber? #HCapproved.

7. Ken Jennings, @KenJennings Yes― it’s the guy who won Jeopardy! And who would have thought that this clever TV-show genius would have one of the funniest accounts on Twitter?

8. Megan Amram, @meganamram The writer of “Parks and Recreation” loves to make 90s boy-band references and an unbelievable number of inappropriate comments.

Tess is an Assistant Editor and Contributing Writer for Her Campus Miami (OH)