This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

I am the girl who actually gets up and showers before her 8:30 A.M. class. I know, I’m an anomaly. Then there are the girls like my roommates, who roll out of bed 10 minutes before their 11:30 classes start. They do say there are two types of people in this world, but regardless of which one you are I’m sure you want to look good strolling into class. Hopefully these six easy hairstyles gathered by the Her Campus team will put some inspiration into your morning schlump to help you feel cute, confident, and put together (and no one will ever know that you just rolled out of bed). 

1. The Half-Bun: Literally what it sounds like. Take the top half of your hair and whip it into a bun ponytail level or higher, and voila! The more voluminous and messy you make it, the better. Say goodbye to bad hair days forever.  

2. The Off-Duty Ballerina Bun: Every little girl wants to be a ballerina when she gets older, so here’s the college version. Liberally spray dry shampoo into the roots of the hair, and work it in like crazy. Then pull your hair into a pony, loosely tease the length of your hair, and twist it into a bun. (It’s the teasing that makes the difference, trust me on this one).

3. The Sweet Side-Swept Pony: Pull your hair into a low side pony, then take your curling wand/iron and loosely curl the ends. If there are any loose pieces framing your face curl those as well. Then if you’re feeling up to it (read: I’ve always wanted to do this but I’ve never gotten the courage to) add a colored ribbon to the ponytail and make a nice little bow. 

4. The Faux-Equestrian: A personal favorite of mine, and if you’re sensing a theme here its because bun can hide all manner of lazy hair. French braid your hair like usual (either two French braids on either side of your head or just one big one) and when you get to the nape of your neck stop braiding and twist the remaining hair into a low bun. 

5. The Hippie Braids: Start with your hair down, and take a small section above your ear and braid it all the way down and do the same on the opposite side. Then take the front most section of your hair on both sides and pull it to the back of your head and braid those together. You have now reached mermaid status. 

6. The Half-Up Half-Down Pony: Basically we’ve come full circle back to the first post. Take the top half of your hair and put it in a ponytail right below the top of your head. Make sure the hair in front of the ponytail has some volume and isn’t flat on your head. I’m a huge fan of this specific hairstyle because it looks good on basically everyone. 

Hey! I'm Margaret, I'm a freshman writer at Miami University. Fun fact about me, one of my thumbs is significantly shorter than the other.
Shelby Hyde

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde is a senior journalism and professional writing double major with hopes of working in the wide world of publishing upon graduating in May of 2016. This Miami University (OH) Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief is a fashion fanatic with a knack for words and bringing them to life. Shelby has had a wide variety of experiences throughout her four years at Miami, including working as Creative Services and Special Sections intern for Cincinnati Magazine, as well as a three-time returning style guru intern for well known fashion site, CollegeFashionista.com.The 22 year-old is Hoosier born and bred with a New Yorker status pending, and she's looking for something BIG! All inquiries can be forwarded to: shelbyyhyde@hercampus.com