5 Things You Know to be True if Your Mom is Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Mother’s Day is quickly approaching, and every year it makes me realize that I often take advantage of everything my mom does for me. But it also reminds me that my mom is the best friend I could ever have. So here are 5 things you’ll know to be true if your mom is your best friend, too.

1. You Tell Her Everything

My mom knows basically everything about my life. I tell her about friends, boys, class – essentially anything and everything. And even though sometimes they’re not the greatest stories, she always listens without judgement and offers much needed advice.

2.  She Always Has Your Back

Even when I royally screw up my mom will still be there for me. She definitely has some opinions on what I’ve done, but she’s always there to help me fix my mistakes and move on.

3. You Aspire to be Like Her

My mom is one of the most dedicated, hard-working people I know. She’s been incredibly successful and she’s passed on that ambition to me. She’s worked her whole life to get to where she is and she has definitely taught me that success is earned, not given.

4. When Something Goes Wrong, She is Your First Call

No matter what happens in my life, I know that as soon as I call my mom she’ll make me feel better. She knows how to calm me down when I’m panicking, make me smile when I’m sad, and get me to relax when I’m angry.

5. You Always Have Fun Together

Whether it’s staying in for a movie night or making a Target run, my mom and I are always laughing (usually at something ridiculous). She definitely brings out my often crazy sense of humor, and I bring out hers. I have more fun with her than I do most people, and I couldn’t be more grateful for that.

So here’s to all of the great moms out there who deserve the world!

Caitlin Barry Senior Campus Correspondent for Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus