Nothing says spring break is around the corner like a crowded rec center and an even more crowded library with students studying for midterms. Let the countdown to no homework, no exams, no stress and hopefully, warmer weather begin! Here at Her Campus we’re already packing our beach bags with some of the essentials from our HC Spring Break Survival Kit, including HC sunglasses and koozies, Luna Bars, Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Purifying shampoo and conditioner, Completely Bare wax, “The Intern’s Handbook” by Shane Kuhn, “Dirty Rush” by Taylor Bell, Sabre Security Campus Safety Pepper Gel and Chiptole BOGO cards.
But whether you’ll be spending your week off on the beach, on the slopes or even on your couch, here are five items that you’ll need by your side for the perfect spring break:
1. A Good Book You’re going to need something to do while traveling to your destination, right? Pick up the hilarious and very real “Dirty Rush” by Taylor Bell and read up. With a foreward by the “deranged sorority girl” Rebecca Martinson, you can’t help but be shocked, yet feel connected to the main character Taylor, who goes through sorority rush and gets caught up in a sex scandal.
2. KoozieSpring break often involves a lot of picture taking, but you know what else it often involves a lot of? Alcohol. Keep your drink cold, but also hide your beer label in pictures with a koozie (like these ones from the Her Campus Shop). Your sorority standards chair will thank you, and you’ll be thankful your future employer won’t be able to fully decipher what’s in the can in your hand. #Innocent. But sidenote, if you are going to be drinking, do it responsibly. Spring break is fun, but it’s even more fun when you’re safe and you’re not sick from over indulging.
3. SnacksWith all of that partying (or if you’re the one on the couch catching up on Friends), either way you’re going to need a snack. Stay on top of your game with a quick burst of energy from Luna. Luna mini bars in chocolate dipped coconut are our favorite!
4. Shower EssentialsSo you jumped in the water and your hair is full of sand and salt water. Now what? Wash it all out (and really get it all out) with Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Purifying shampoo and conditioner. We love the beach, but we hate bringing it back with us in our hair.
5. Chipotle (obviously)We think this one is a no-brainer, but who wants to cook while they’re on spring break? Spend the time you would be cooking to go get Chipotle, eat your weight in guac and get some extra sun time. Don’t forget a burrito for your friend! Friends don’t let friends each Chipotle on their own.
This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% our own.