5 Foolproof Ways To Combat Bedhead

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you’ve woken up on numerous occasions with the typical bedhead, with hair sticking up in every direction, and you may already be running late for class. Sleep can be more important than beauty, but we still want to look cute. Here are a few foolproof ways to combat that messy bedhead, collegiettes! 

1. The Classic French Braid

This is one of the easiest ways to get your hair out of your face and pulled back all together while still looking cute. If you don’t know how to French Braid, watch an easy tutorial below:

2. The Fishtail 

Another popular type of braid is the fishtail. Simply put it’s code for a different variation of a cute way to pull your hair away from your face. With the fishtail braid, you can choose to braid off to the side or straight down your back.  To learn how to fishtail, check out the following video: 

4. The Top Knot or Messy Bun

Both the top knot and messy bun looks will effortlessly combat bedhead and hide your flyaways. If styling a messy bun isn’t your thing; just throw it up into a top knot. Check out this tutorial for the best of both worlds to effortlessly achieve the messy top knot look. 

5. The Knotted Ponytail 

A unique twist on the typical ponytail that is just as easy.  It looks awesome too!

For other ideas, browse YouTube or Pinterest where you can find pictures and videos for several other ways to make bedhead look cute and control the mess.