mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

3 Ways to Vote on November 6

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

November 6th is right around the corner, which means midterm elections! It is so important to vote this Tuesday, especially as young people to make sure our voices are heard. Many people believe that their vote does not count, but that cannot be further from the truth. Your voice matters and voting is one of the most powerful ways for our generation to make a difference. Here are three ways you can vote in Oxford:

1. Voting on Campus

If you are registered to vote in Oxford and you live in a residence hall you can at Shriver Center Multipurpose Room on Spring Street from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m on November 6th. If you live off campus, check for your polling location on the Butler County Board of Elections Website. If you are not sure if you are registered to vote in Oxford, you can also confirm your status at the same website referred to above. When you go to your polling location, make sure you bring your driver’s license or another form of ID. Your student ID is not an accepted form of identification. 

2. Voting Early

There’s still time to vote early!! If you know you will not have time to vote on November 6th or you are registered to vote in your hometown, you have until the day before the election, November 5th. Make sure to check your registration status and get to your nearest polling station before it’s too late! Here are the listed times:

November 3rd: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

November 4th: 1:00 p.m. to 5 p.m.

November 5th: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.

3. Absentee Ballot

Today, Saturday, November 3rd, is the last day to register for an absentee ballot. Since it is so close to the election date, fax your registration form to your designated location to ensure you get your absentee ballot in time. You have until the day before the election to have your ballot postmarked to be counted. There is a drop box located outside the Board of Elections office so you know for sure it will be sent in time. 

We hope you all get out there and vote for this extremely important election!

Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer