10 Reasons Why Spending Valentine’s Day With Your Girls Is The Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Valentine’s Day is here yet again a.k.a. “Single Awareness Day,” as my friends and I like to call it. Even if you’re one of the many who won’t be receiving flowers, chocolates, or be taken to a fancy dinner, there is still plenty of hope to have fun, so look on the bright side ladies! V-Day falls on a Friday this year which means you and your equally single amigas better plan on milking the holiday for all it’s worth together! Her Campus argues that Valentine’s Day is actually more enjoyable with your friends over a significant other and here are 10 reasons to prove it.

1. You don’t have to stress about getting dressed to impress.

2. No pre-date jitters.

3. You can go out with your friends, order whatever you want off the menu, and proceed to stuff your face without worrying about what some silly boy would think. 

4. Your girlfriends don’t have to ask you what you want from the bar. They already know.

5. No boyfriend = no awkward conversation about “where this relationship is going.”

6. You know exactly what gifts to get your girlfriends and their reactions upon opening them will surely make your night.

7. You and your besties can show off your signature moves at the club.

8. You may exercise your right to cuddle all you want and unlike men, your girlies will never get the wrong idea.

9. You can stay in together and watch your favorite movies that showcase some of the hottest Hollywood hunks.

10. Bottom line is, your gals love you more than any guy ever could.

Hannah Harp

Miami (OH)

Hannah Harp is a senior studying Journalism and Psychology at Miami University. She is a co-editor, contributing writer, and photoblogger for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.