This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

It’s October which means it’s officially ~spooky season~. It’s never too early to decide what to be for Halloween and we all love easy and affordable costumes. Here are 10 easy DIY costumes to try this Halloween.

1.Rosie the Riveter

If you have a red bandana and a denim shirt, you’re ready to be Rosie the Riveter. Complete this look with a pair of combat boots and the signature muscle pose. You’ll be one of America’s feminist icons in a matter of minutes.

2.The Arthur meme

An easy costume that everyone will love. All you need is a yellow sweatshirt, a pair of jeans and a poster board. Cut out a hole in the poster board and get creative with the meme.

3.Wednesday Addams

If you want to get extra spooky this Halloween, Wednesday Addams is the way to go. All you need is a white collared shirt, a black dress and pigtail braids. Put on your best RBF and become this goth queen.

4.Minnie Mouse

Minnie Mouse is a super easy and cute costume to do. All you need is a red polka dot dress, some yellow shoes and a red bow. I personally have gone as Minnie before and have gotten so many compliments.

5.Any Vine ever

Everyone loves vine and they’re super easy to remake. Lots of room for creativity and will most likely cost you nothing. Everyone will love it and you will be the talk of the party

6.Dalmatian

Everyone loves dogs and these furry creatures are super easy to remake. All you need is an oversized white t-shirt, a sharpie, a headband and construction paper. Put spots on the t-shirt with the sharpie and cut ears out of the construction paper and tape them to the headband. Spice up the costume with some makeup and become your favorite furry creature.

7.Post Malone

Pull out the crocs and orange sweatpants, Post Malone is the perfect rapper to be this Halloween. Put your hair in cornrows and pull out the eyeliner to draw the face tattoos and beard on. You’ll be looking like Post Malone in no time and are guaranteed to be the talk of the party.

8.A sorority girl

One item will pull this look together: Glitter. Pull out the flower crowns, arm bands and matching tank tops. Bonus points if you learn the chants.

9.Greek Goddess

This costume is both classy and easy to make. All you need is a white bed sheet and some gold accessories. Pick your favorite greek goddess to dress up as and maybe even include a prop to identify which goddess you are choosing to be.

10.Any Character from the Office

Whether you want to be Jim and Pam with your beau or go as Dwight, the office characters are super easy to remake with the clothes you or your parents have in their closet. Try to get a group of friends to go as ever character and only act like your character all night.

Zoe Kelley

Miami (OH) '22

Marketing and Professional Writing student at Miami University in the Farmer School of Business. From West Chester, OH. I love dogs and my family fosters pit bulls. I love to read, write and play piano. My favorite book is Franny and Zooey by JD Salinger, My favorite movie is Chicago and my favorite TV show is How I Met Your Mother. I love to go to the beach and I hope to someday live in New York City. I was a dancer for 16 years in all styles.
Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer