CBA EdgetoEdge Divider 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
CBA EdgetoEdge Divider 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
HCM Design

Weekly R.E.P.O.R.T

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

Every girl knows what it’s like to be so hyper-fixated on foods, products, clothing items, or just plain old random things. A trend has been going around on TikTok where people give their “weekly report.” Essentially, each letter in the “report” represents a different category that we women always seem to be captivated by. The first R stands for reading, E stands for eating, P stands for playing, O stands for obsessed with, the second R stands for recommending, and the T stands for treating. This week, I will be giving my “weekly report.” 

Reading

Recently I have been OBSESSED with the Knockemout series by Lucy Score. I am just starting the third book in the series, but the first and second books were out-of-this-world good. This is a small-town romance that follows an abundance of characters. It was so easy to fall in love with these characters, the vibes of the setting, and Lucy’s writing in general. This has been a 5/5 star series so far, and I can’t wait to finish the third book in the series. 

E9leFiMCogNEIhKC2m6HJLT3w7 abSU4SCWdsU0w FMrvnO8Qaj0Eqw0ruPvjFiY5bCr86nS65VBxYsd8gfW 2FKQLP0lKuaznJW5ai5xWjg81B 6wSFskZ4UKBbPbhMGGQXOyKdxFIPVViS mEHjA

Eating

My newest food hyper fixation definitely has to be quinoa bowls with roasted veggies. Although I have tried a variety of vegetables, I have finally found my favorite combination. Sweet potato triangles, yellow onion slices, zucchini circles, halved brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and roasted chickpeas. My favorite quinoa is Suzie’s microwavable organic quinoa with olive oil. It only takes two and a half minutes to make and is really good as a leftover. I like to season my veggies with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, rosemary, and thyme. Pop those vegetables in the oven until they are roasted and crispy. I especially like to top my bowl with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. 

Playing 

Every day I try to play the New York Times Mini Crossword puzzle. It’s a 5×5 crossword with pop culture hints and clues. Most of the time I complete it in the morning, and I feel like it’s a way to wake my brain up. Sometimes it is very difficult, and other times I can complete it in 45 seconds. 

Obsessing 

Back in August, I got a new puppy named Ted. He has progressively become one of my favorite parts of life. After losing my last dog 3 years ago, Ted has brought back a sense of joy into my family. He is the best boy who likes to meet new people, play tug a war, have the zoomies outside, and cuddle on the couch. He is just shy of 21 weeks old and is a French Bulldog. Ted is easily, and forever will be, my obsession. 

ruXJGlC6LtAXshdbLnLxarOwZ Z0h0mc4m7rb2t8MxqwOJE7tUFIp04idVfPGzcbxAV5Dd7phhCspkYZbH42F9imTunJvTi 19GAAWzB3bQ3Z82wIkISGhlcgD ghNVSCWqN5pOn8Dcqty GQBaDMIY

Recommending

In the last few years, I have developed a perfect curly hair routine for my type 2C/3A hair. Everyone’s curls are different and require a different amount of moisture, gel, or oil but for me, this is what I have found works best. First, in the shower, I wash my hair with Garnier Fructis Curl Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner. While in the shower I brush my hair with the conditioner still in it so that I don’t add damage unnecessarily. I rinse out the conditioner, making it a point to leave just a tad in for the extra moisture. Then I wrap my soaking wet hair up in a cotton T-shirt and as quickly as possible try to add my products. For my curl cream, I use Marc Anthony’s Coconut and Shea Nourishing Curl Cream, my gel is Garnier Fructis Curl Scrunch control gel, and for my oil, I use Heritage by Mind Mcknight Argan Oil. All of these products are sulfate-free, which is key. So after I let down my wet hair from the T-shirt, I brush it one last time with a paddle brush. I then section my hair into two parts and use “praying hands” to disperse a quarter-sized amount of curl cream. I then add a little more product to my hands and scrunch in the product. Since the hair is wet, you should hear a moist noise. Then I put gel on my hands, rub them together, and scrunch my curls until my pattern truly appears. I then use a new, big, cotton T-shirt and “plop” my hair. I let my hair sit in the T-shirt for 30 minutes to an hour. Next, diffuse your hair with a blow dryer. Make sure to use the attachment, flip your head over, and then side to side. The final step is to scrunch in some gel to “scrunch the crunch” out. 

2kzg7PmMP2dxu 25YrS6sZ7gJd r IEsZBMfsAtq

Treating

This week I treated myself to two new boots from Target! The combined total was only $80. The first pair is a cream boot, with a platform 3.5 inch heel. They have a memory foam sole, which makes these boots super comfy to walk in.  The second pair is a black boot, with a 2.5 in heel. Also with a memory foam sole, these boots are tighter to your calf which gives them a completely different look. 

8NfLTCafxjmJ wVINpI0W hlcFy9NqkfsEnU cRLFXFIEiG1mEC6CT79bKEiSONhfjjECjqNIUMdLD

Payton Kinder

Merrimack '26

Hi! My name is Payton and I am a sophomore nursing major at Merrimack College. After college, I plan to get my masters degree in nursing to eventually be a nurse educator. I wanted to join HC to be surrounded by other powerful women.