Valentine’s Day Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

Whether you’re spending your day out with your significant other, having a girls day with your friends or going shopping to show yourself a little love this Valentines Day, it’s a great time to put together a fun makeup look. When thinking about a Valentines Day makeup look, three different styles come to mind: A sultry smoky look, A soft neutral eye and pop of color lip, and a fun pink shimmery Victoria’s secret angel look. Here’s a breakdown of how to put together each look: (The base for each look can be found in the contour tutorial on my Instagram page [brennamcdonalddesigns] including products used!)

Queen of hearts:

1.       Use a light brown on the lid and blend up into the crease, all over.

2.      On the outer V, moreso along the upper lash line pat down black shadow & blend that up and out with a fluffy shadow brush all over the lid, applying shadow more than once if necessary.

3.       Use a shimmery white shadow along the brow bone and inner corner

4.      With a smaller brush (or q-tip if you don’t have one) smudge black along the outer half of the lower lash line subtly blending into the white shimmer shadow

5.      Add top liner with a dramatic wing

6.      Define your eyebrows to draw focus to your eyes

7.       Add top & bottom mascara

8.      Use red lip liner to line your lips and fill with red lipstick.

9.      If you want a little bit of a stronger look to match the bold eyes and lips you can build on the basic contour and define your cheek bones a little bit more.

Pink Pout

1.       Pat down a medium brown along the lash line and extended lash line as if it is top liner

2.      Use a blending brush to pull the color up towards the brow bone

3.       Repeat step one with a darker brown and blend in place creating an ombre effect with the two browns.

4.      Use a white shimmer shadow along the brow bone and inner corner of the eye

5.      Use black liner to create a black top line with a wing

6.      Add mascara on the top and bottom

7.       Lightly define brows

8.      Use bright pink liner and lipstick and top with a shiny pink gloss to add a different texture to the look

Sweet Tart

1.       Use a shimmery nude shadow all over the lid as a base

2.      Take a bright pink shadow or blush along the whole crease extending from the outer corner to where the brow meets the bridge of the nose

3.       Wet your brush a little and pat a super shimmery white along the inner corner of the lid and the inner corner and along the brow bone

4.      Use a light brown along the lower outer corner

5.      Add top liner with a wing

6.      Use mascara on the top and bottom

7.       Define brows

8.      Add blush and a highlight along your cheekbone

9.      Line lip with pink liner and fill

Happy Valentines Day!! Xoxo

-Brenna McDonald Designs

I'm Brenna McDonald, a sophomore at Merrimack college who loves hair & makeup. Follow brennamcdonalddesigns on instagram to see a little more about what I love to do! 
Rachel DeYoung is a junior at Merrimack College pursuing a degree in Business Marketing with a minor in Mass Communications. This is her third year as a member of the Her Campus Merrimack College chapter where she assumes the role of Campus Correspondent. You can follow her on Instagram (rdeyoung)