This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

A native to the North Andover, Tyler McCarthy is more than just a townie. Regardless of whether or not you know Mr. McCarthy, if you’ve seen him around he’s usually sporting a smile and a beard. Although the campus is located within his own town, Tyler has made Merrimack his own home. Although hesitant to attend at first after weighing out all his options he decided that a 5 minute verses a 5 hour drive was irrelevant. 

Tyler has undoubtedly made it his Merrimack and plays an important role on this campus, especially as a leader. In order to “make it his Merrimack”, Tyler got incredibly involved in numerous organizations. For starters he is on the Merrimack Programming Board (MPB), not only is he a member, but the president as well. When he isn’t planning spring concert, welcome week, or wacky weekdays you might be able to catch him in Monican where he is a Resident Advisor. Just incase being involved in those things is not enough, Tyler has also been part of the MORE team and a brother of TKE. Over all, his favorite activity to be involved in is MPB. 

Tyler has made an impact on this campus and it is known by many through his involvement. Many memories and lifelong friendships have come out of student involvement so don’t be afraid to try something new. Show up at a meeting and become a familiar face, who knows where it will get you. Next thing you know you could be Merrimack’s next Campus Celebrity.