This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

Okay, Merrimack.  This year’s spring week is unlike anything that has ever been seen before.  Springapalooza 2014 is upon us and I personally cannot contain my excitement: you should be on this level.  The Merrimack Programming Board is proud to present some awesome events!

Let’s begin with a rundown of the week.  The night of Wednesday April 9th kicks off Springapalooza with the brilliant comedian slash magician combo of Mat Franco at 7:30pm.  Thursday between the daytime hours of 11am and 1pm the “Cash Cab” van will be circling campus asking you questions where you can win prizes.  Thursday evening, in true throwback fashion, The Goonies will be shown at 9pm in the library auditorium for a classic movie night that no one can resist.  Friday night is spring concert night featuring Plain White T’s and A Great Big World.  The concert doors open in the new MAC building at 7:30pm and close at 9:30pm, but the show starts at 8pm so make sure to get there early!  Saturday night is a throwback themed party in the O’Brien/Townhouse quad between 10:30pm and midnight with giveaways, music, a beer garden, food trucks, and loads of fun.  To close an amazing long weekend of fun, the Red Sox vs. Yankees game will be shown in Augie’s on Sunday.  The game starts at 8.05pm, so make sure to join this event sponsored by OSI.

We caught up with MPB Vice President Laura Dupre to see if everyone is ready for the amazing week ahead.  “We thought this year’s throwback theme would fit well with the student population seeing as this year’s freshmen class would probably been the last age group to truly appreciate it.”  Since MPB is a student-run organization, Laura and the rest of MPB have been hard at work planning as amazing week that everyone should definitely take part in!

Remember, Nickelodeon slinkies and bandanas are still relevant.  So come out to the events, have some fun, and support your fellow students at the same time.  Mack Street’s Back, ALRIGHT!

Brennan is currently a senior looking forward to making an epic splash into the future.  Besides writing articles for Her Campus (her roommate is the editor!), Brennan is a sister of Zeta Tau Alpha, the treasurer of the Merrimack Programming Board, and an active member in a myriad of campus activities.  Shine on!