With Spring Comes Pastels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

With Spring comes baby chicks and bunnies, those sugar covered peeps, flowers in bloom, and of course … pastels. Now, I understand that not every collegiette loves the pastel color palette, but it is one that everyone should explore! In today’s fashion, there isn’t anywhere that can’t turn pastel. There are blazers, skirts, jackets, pants, tops, and more! With so many options to choose from, it’s easy to find some sort of pastel to fit into your wardrobe. If you love pastels, I say go for it and load up on all the colors, but even if you’re hesitant to pick up those mint green pants from GAP … try a lavender scarf to pair with a grey jacket. Taking a risk is always fun, plus it’s nice to brighten up your wardrobe after the dog days of winter! 

And if you’re wondering …

blazer: h&m

blouse: express

dress: h&m

necklace: pretty poppy

sweater: j.crew

blouse: vineyardvines

scarf: A.C. Moore 

When this fun-loving sorority girl isn't hitting the books or helping plan a ZTA event, she's constantly on the go. As if being a commuter student isn't enough, Joanna is working part-time at a bank, is a member of the executive committee in her sorority, and is working to set up several clubs on campus. When Joanna's got a spare minute to herself, if there is any time to spare, she enjoys eating sushi, attempting to speak German with her friend, cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dobby, and ordering venti non-fat chai lattes [one of her many downfalls.]