My Top 10 Kindle and Paperback Books To Put On Your Bookshelf

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

Okay, so if you’re like me and you love to read but are stuck on what to read next I got you covered. I will be talking about my top 10 favorite books that I love on my Kindle but also on my bookshelf because I love annotating books with highlighters, pens, and sticky notes. If you have TikTok, like almost everyone, you have probably heard of #BookTok. #BookTok is a community that talks about what people are reading right now and whether they liked the books they read or not. I have created my top 10 books to read whether you are on vacation or just want to jump back into reading some popular books other people are reading. So without further ado, here are my top 10 books and series. 

1. The Off-Campus Series by Elle Kennedy. This series has dual POV’s between the MMC and FMC (male main character and female main character). This series has 4 books about 4 guys who all play hockey and they all fall for the FMC. If you like hockey and romance, this is a perfect combination for you. They all have a romantic and cute storyline if you are looking for a fast book read. There is also another book to the series called The Legacy which showcases all 4 of the boys and their girlfriends and some surprises from some couples. The author also just released a new book called The Graham Effect which follows the first book couple, Hannah Wells and Garrett Graham’s child, Gigi Graham. 
  2. Red, White, and Royally Blue by Casey McQuiston. This book is about Alex Claremont-Diaz, The First Son of the United States, and Prince Henry. They both start a secret relationship with each other starting out by writing emails to each other but they get exposed which puts Alex’s mother’s campaign to run for President in jeopardy. However, they finally are seen as accepted and Alex’s mother becomes President. This book became a movie and it is on Amazon Prime if you want to watch it which I recommend because although I like movies, I think books are better. 
  3. The Summer I Turned Pretty series by Jenny Han. This series has become a popular series in the BookTok world. It follows the best friends, Susannah and Laura’s children, Belly Conklin, Jeremiah and Conrad Fisher who are childhood best friends. This book has turned into a TV show that a lot of teens like and enjoy. This series is very cute and will definitely leave you wanting to read the next book.
  4.  Everyone knows the Colleen Hoover books such as It Ends with Us and Ugly Love and some other popular books. I have read It Ends with Us and It Starts with Us but haven’t read her other books. The books by Colleen Hoover are great and they are very popular on TikTok and an easy read if you are looking for something quick to read. 
  5.  The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood is a really cute book. I really enjoyed this book and it combines the art of chemistry and romance. If you are a science major and love romance, you’ll love this book. This is a grumpy x sunshine trope where the two main characters are total opposites of each other which just makes the book even better in my opinion. 
  6.  Icebreaker by Hannah Grace is a hockey romance book. It is about a figure skater and a hockey player. The main character, Anastasia is on Team USA, and she is a top figure skater and Nathan Hawkins is the captain of the Maple Hills Titans. The hockey team and the figure skating team must share a rink. However, Anastasia’s partner is hurt so Nathan switches to figure skating and the two of them form a bond but as they get closer, they start to form a relationship, but Anastasia doesn’t like hockey players… or does she? This book is a cute rom-com book that will have you crying and laughing. At least for me. 
  7.  If you like the main characters who are billionaires and the grumpy x sunshine trope or enemies to lovers trope or best friends sister, I recommend the Twisted Series by Ana Huang. This series will literally have you in tears. Like The Off-Campus series, there are 4 men who are all connected to each other in the other books. The 4 main female characters are all college best friends and they are Ava Chen, Bridget von Ascheberg, Jules Ambrose, and Stella Alonso who all fall for the 4 handsome men by the names of Alex Volkov, Rhys Larsen, Josh Chen (Ava’s brother), and Christian Harper. This series does have minor triggers such as violence but it does not talk about it a lot. This series was one of the first series I have ever read and I would definitely read them again if I could go back in time.
  8.  One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus. If you like mystery and thriller, this is a great book to read. The following is the blurb about the book: “Five people enter detention, but only four walk out alive. Simon died the day before he planned to publish an exposé about his four classmates. When his death is ruled a murder, the obvious suspects are his classmates who made it out alive — or is that what the killer wants you to think? Fast-paced, addictive, and brilliant, this page-turner will have you wondering, “Who done it?!” until the very end!” This is definitely worth a read and will have you wanting to read the next book, One of Us is Next. I have never been a mystery and thriller person but this book I really liked because of the character development and the storyline. 
  9.  The Spanish Love Deception by Elena Armas. This story is about a girl named Catalina Martín who fakes dating a colleague and brings him to her sister’s wedding. She has 4 weeks to find a man to take and in comes Aaron Blackford who steps in and he is the most insufferable man Catalina has met. Throughout the book, she realizes he isn’t the worst person she thinks he is. 
  10.  A Long Time Coming by Meghan Quinn. This book has the best friends-to-lovers trope which is one of my personal favorites. The main female character, Lia Fairweather-Fern is about to be married and her best friend, Breaker Cane is there to help her through it all. As he helps her face her fiance and her terrible mother-in-law, he starts to see her as something more than her best friend. Throughout the book, he tries to prove to her that he is the one she should be with instead of her fiance who doesn’t listen to her and only listens to his mother. This book will have you in tears and laughter. 

And there you have it. My top 10 Kindle and paperback books to read if you want to jump into the hot trending books that everyone talks about.

Hi, my name Cassie and I am a junior at Merrimack College. I am a sociology major with a minor in business. I love to read in my free time and I am on my college's cheerleading team as well as in a sorority. I hope to become a social worker and work in a school or a hospital.