The Middleton Sisters: Inspiring Fashion from Across the Pond

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

I could go on and on about fashion. I live and breathe it each and every day. Some days are better than others of course, but we learn from our mistakes. From the moment I could speak, my Mum stopped picking out my outfits. I’d say, “No! That doesn’t look right!” and instead opt for my plastic dress up heels, leotard, and a straw hat with a scarf to tie it down.

Now, I’m not saying I was a fashion expert at three, but I had creativity. I created and polished my look over the years. Today, my fashion sense has been inspired by people in magazines, movies, and even in daily life; places where many others receive inspiration as well. As of yet, my biggest source of fashion sense has been the Middleton Sisters, Kate and Pippa. Those two always look gorgeous! [It definitely helps to have a Prince as a husband or to work for your parents’ multi-million dollar company.] There’s simple elegance in each of the women’s style choices, something that is rare in today’s fashion world.

I see their outfits and swoon at the sight of them! In all honesty, I have a board on Pinterest labeled, “Oh how I envy you, yet you inspire me …” and it is full of my favorite outfits Kate has worn. When I found out Pippa and Kate shop at ZARA, I think I died and went to heaven. Really!? A girl from Mass. shops at one of the same places as a princess and a millionaire?! Finally, I could have the same outfit as them (and actually afford it!).

Both of these fabulous ladies make simple style choices. They never make outrageous fashion statements. It’s all about subtleness with those two. Each of the women play up their assets, and they never over accentuate. No dangerously high heels or plunging necklines. Even their hair and make-up is very natural. Everything can be labeled as tasteful, elegant, and modest. They make polka dots and floral look youthful and mature all at the same time.

Kate and Pippa’s looks are easily versatile too. The outfits can be worn running simple errands, going to parties, and heading off to work. With their youthful yet conservative outfits, you’ll turn heads and gain fashion admiration. The best part about the Middleton’s wardrobe is it’s easy to mimic!

Nude flats and wedges are easily found at Payless for less than $20; cardigans and colored jeans are other staples in women’s clothing lines as well that can be found inexpensive. And if you want to buy an article of clothing they own as well (at a reasonable price), hit up ZARA and soon you’ll be looking like you belong in the royal family, too!

Photo Credit:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MJLM3zVjVIo/T5FsNw-6hCI/AAAAAAAAAeA/_-TVfb3uRK…

When this fun-loving sorority girl isn't hitting the books or helping plan a ZTA event, she's constantly on the go. As if being a commuter student isn't enough, Joanna is working part-time at a bank, is a member of the executive committee in her sorority, and is working to set up several clubs on campus. When Joanna's got a spare minute to herself, if there is any time to spare, she enjoys eating sushi, attempting to speak German with her friend, cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dobby, and ordering venti non-fat chai lattes [one of her many downfalls.]