Merrimack Hockey is Back in Action

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

While most of us were enjoying break, Merrimack hockey was back at school preparing for the rest of their season. 

Saturday, January 4th Merrimack played at Frozen Fenway against the #4/5 Providence College Friars. For many of the players this was a once in a lifetime experience, to play at one of the most famous baseball parks in the United States with thousands of fans watching their every move. Although it was a very cold night with wind chills close to -2 degrees, this didn’t stop the Warriors from playing the game they’re capable of.  Midway through the third period senior Mike Collins finally put Merrimack up on the board making it a 1-0 lead. Providence answered quickly with a goal from Steven Shamanski, making it a tie game. This score continued through the rest of the third period and eventually into overtime, where the game ended in a tie, 1-1.

The Warriors have won three of their last seven games, defeating #11 Clarkson, #5 Quinnipiac, and UMASS Amherst. Merrimack takes on #8 UMASS Lowell Saturday, February 1st at Lawler Arena. Be sure to get your tickets asap and cheer on your Merrimack Warriors!