Merrimack Dance Club

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.
This semester, Merrimack has added a new club known as The Dance Club. Co- Captain, Daniela Colucci, speaks out about the main goal of this new club. “The goal of Dance Club is to provide a fun and exciting social experience for students to express themselves through different styles of dance and make lasting friendships along the way.” The group of about ten girls and one boy practice styles, which include hip hop, jazz and many more.
As you may already know, Merrimack also has a Dance Team, so what’s the difference between the two? Colucci was able to differentiate between the two saying, “Dance Club is less competitive and focuses on a variety of dance styles and routines, whereas Dance Team is predominantly focused and constantly preparing for their Florida competition [which is] during spring break.” Colucci mentions that with Dance Club, students are constantly working together to create new dance routines themselves, whereas with Dance Team there is a specific choreographer to teach you the routines.

Colucci says that the best thing about Dance Club is that everyone is so involved; she says making up new dances and practicing them is a great way to relax after dinner and homework. If you’re interested in Dance Club they meet every Tuesday and Thursday from 7-8 PM; the best part is there is no experience is necessary!

Michelle is a 20 year old from Stoneham, Massachusetts. She graduated in 2010 from Stoneham High School and is now a junior at Merrimack College. She is an English major and hopes to pursue a career in journalism in the near future. She also has a part-time job which she enjoys. When she is not in school or working, she likes to spend time with family and friends. She enjoys shopping, going to the movies, and going to the beach. She loves to write and would like to write for a magazine or newspaper someday.