Denim and Turtlenecks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

Necklaces seem to be the go to when trying to frame our faces, but the overlooked turtle necks are making a breakthrough this winter. Cozy and comfortable around the neck, but still stylish this look is a must have!

Out of all the fabrics to choose from denim has become a statement piece. The deep blue looks great with any kind of skin tone. Instead of the traditional plain jean jacket, try embodied pieces. According to Vogue embroidered denim is the new monogram.  

When framing your face with a turtle neck be sure to accompany it with prints or earrings. This will transition it from the 80’s to the 21’s century.

Winter is when you can experiment with natural colors. Try choosing clothing that extenuate your beauty. Make sure your wearing the clothes and clothes aren’t wearing you.

Rachel DeYoung is a junior at Merrimack College pursuing a degree in Business Marketing with a minor in Mass Communications. This is her third year as a member of the Her Campus Merrimack College chapter where she assumes the role of Campus Correspondent. You can follow her on Instagram (rdeyoung)