Step onto the Stage: Jake Adams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

Age: 20

Year: Junior

Major: Theatre and Accounting Double Major

What is your future profession: I’m moving to NYC in December to pursue acting! I just got a call back for a Broadway National Tour that I can’t say any more about!

Are you single or taken: Taken. I’ve been dating a girl from Mercer since high school.

Most romantic thing you have ever done for a girl: When I was talking to a girl who lived in Augusta, she was leading Homecoming Court and her dad and I hid the fact that I was going to be there to take her to the dance. When she got to the foyer of the dance hall I was waiting with flowers and had one of our songs playing.

Most confusing thing about the opposite sex: Attention to other girl’s toenail color and obsession with baking.

What grabs your attention about a girl first: Talent. If she is talented at what she does, she is instantly attractive, but legs are nice too!

Favorite part about Mercer: I love Mercer for the unity on campus, it’s great to be friends with jocks and theatre kids alike. Also, I love the professors. There are professors I have never even taken who stop and ask how I’ve been almost everyday of the week.

Three thing you have to do before graduating:

1. See Mercer Bears win the A-Sun in basketball.

2. Have a conversation with every janitor on the grounds (they seriously are the nicest people ever).

3. Take a summer road trip where I have no clue where it takes me (Into the Wild style).

A little known fact about you: I’m vegan and have been for 6 months.

Favorite food that you could eat for the rest of your life: Ooh this is hard. Chips and extra hot salsa.

Olivia is a Business Major at Mercer University, pursuing a degree in Management and a minor in Marketing. With love for the arts she aspire to someday open her own bakery and non-profit organization for the arts. With a passion for all thing in life she hopes to spread the joy of community and creativity.
Steffiny is a senior pursuing a B.A Accounting degree at Mercer University. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a Contributing Writer for Her Campus Mercer. Steffiny is very active at her campus. She is the Vice President of Alumni Relations for Delta Sigma Pi (the professional business fraternity), a Resident Assistant, and she works at the Academic Resource Center. Steffiny has many other talents, one of which is Indian dance choreography. If she could be anything in the world, she hopes to be a mermaid. Steffiny likes to travel, spend time with family and friends, listen to Disney songs (especially the Tarzan soundtrack), and play in the rain. This past summer she went to New Zealand for an accounting internship. After she graduates in May 2015, she will go to Thailand to teach English for nine months!