Ikechukwu (Ike) Ekeke ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.
The Stats:

Major/Minor Industrial Engineering with a Masters in Engineering Management
Relationship Status In a Relationship (2 yrs 2 month on 10/7/11!!)
Housing Mercer Hall
Favorite Color Black and Blue
Classification Senior
Involvement on Campus Student Government Association (Vice President), Minority Mentor, NSBE, MENS Founder
Hometown Atlanta, Georgia

About The Man

Ike is what some may call an all-star. Throughout his tenure at Mercer, he has been involved in many organizations, and is definitely a face to know on campus. Ike loves to help people and inspire them. His bubbly personality and the fact he’s smiling 90 percent of the time enable him to do what he loves most: making people laugh. If you ever ask Ike about himself, he is sure to tell you about how he walked to the ’96 Olympics from his hometown of Atlanta. One slightly unusual thing about Ike is he feels awkward when his clothes do not coordinate. Although he is unavailable, he will say that his wonderful significant other (Deborah Ayoade), stole his heart by showing him he didn’t have to be “superman.” (Awww!)

Why He’s a Campus Cutie Ike is an all around good guy. He will always have a smile on his face and does his best to put one on yours as well. If nothing else, Ike is definitely a romantic, and that’s a perfect reason to be campus cutie!

Ashley is a senior at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia. She is a journalism major with a minor in art. Playing an active role on campus, she is a staff writer for The Cluster, Secretary for the Society for Collegiate Journalists, Build Coordinator for Habitat for Humanity and On-site reporter for Mercer99 News. In her spare time she enjoys cooking, volunteering, watching ESPN and any installment of The Real Housewives. After graduation Ashley plans to attend graduate school seeking a dual degree in journalism and law.