Get Hip with Hodges

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

Name: Josh Hodges

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Political Science; Spanish

Hobbies: Long-boarding; Barbershop Harmony; Basketball; Soccer; Ultimate Frisbee; Acting; Wearing hypnotizing sweaters

Involvement at Mercer: RHA, National Communications Coordinator; Spanish Club; IBA; Chess Club; Intramural Sports; Wesley Foundation of Macon

What is your favorite thing about Mercer? I favor the strong community of Mercer and those who transform and sustain it.

Who has inspired you the most? In life, my father has inspired me to have a servant’s heart. From literature, Atticus Finch and Simon Kerslake inspire me to treat people with respect.

What is a life aspiration of yours? When I was a child, I wanted to be an archeologist or a comedian, but I desire now to be an attorney or politician who fights for Immigrants, Legal or “Illegal.”

If you could be a raindrop, where would you land? I would be the first raindrop, which warns you to go inside before you get drenched, or which invites you to play in the rain.

Steffiny is a senior pursuing a B.A Accounting degree at Mercer University. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a Contributing Writer for Her Campus Mercer. Steffiny is very active at her campus. She is the Vice President of Alumni Relations for Delta Sigma Pi (the professional business fraternity), a Resident Assistant, and she works at the Academic Resource Center. Steffiny has many other talents, one of which is Indian dance choreography. If she could be anything in the world, she hopes to be a mermaid. Steffiny likes to travel, spend time with family and friends, listen to Disney songs (especially the Tarzan soundtrack), and play in the rain. This past summer she went to New Zealand for an accounting internship. After she graduates in May 2015, she will go to Thailand to teach English for nine months!