Fun Things To Do This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

With Valentines Day coming up, it’s the perfect opportunity to show your partner how much you love them. Here are my top 5 fun things to do this Valentine’s Day…

1)    A Handmade Love NoteWe are living in a digital world, in which a message can be sent instantly. You can just click a button or two and your message will be sent. However, nothing is better than sending a personal, handwritten message. It is romantic in every way. Spend some time finding some cute notelets or a pretty card and write your partner a handwritten note. Leave it by their bed so when they wake up, that’s the first thing they will see. That’s just the kind of thing that will make their day! 

2)    Skate on Ice- There is nothing better than holding your partner’s hand and ice-skating together. It will be hard, but it will definitely be fun. It’s romantic because you two will need to rely on each other to balance well and not fall. Even if you do fall, have fun! 

3)    Go Skinny-Dipping- If ice-skating is too tame and your school is in a sunny place, like Mercer University, then nighttime skinny-dipping is fantastic. Seriously, few things are hotter than a steamy, late-night swim. Just be careful, please; getting caught trespassing might kill the mood. Do NOT do it on campus!

4)    Have an Indoor Picnic- Harvard collegiette Olivia Ford suggests taking the dinner in bed idea even further with an indoor picnic.  To decorate your space, string white lights around the room, buy some picnic-y snacks, pop the champagne, or cider depending on your age of course, and set up a blanket and pillows for you and your person to sit on. 

5)    Watch A Romantic Movie- Just sitting with your significant other on a casual night, cuddled up, watching a movie is quite romantic. Throw in the fact that it’s Valentine’s Day and the movie is a romantic one, then the special night will be far more romantic and will end with a romantic movie. Perfect. Sometimes, romantic movies inspire a spark of romance within us and who know what may happen next!